Hello everyone!

I've been reading everyone's posts in this group, and your enthusiasm is infectious! I also see that many of you need some guidance starting out, so I'm here to offer some free mini reviews upon request! You can either ask one specific question or let me have a look at your store and pick something to talk about. I will reply in this thread so we can all learn from each other. :)

Re: FREE mini reviews by me!

Jump to solution
Hi Diane Snyder!

The good news is that you've filled up your shop with content, which is important because Google does index those texts and is, therefore ,aware that you are a functioning, relevant page.

For you, like many others, the issue lies in the very important SEO aspects of your shop: the Title Tags and the Shop Title. As a professional copywriter here on Etsy, I see this problem all the time. Think of the shop title as your page's tagline in a Google search - you want to fill it with relevant keywords that communicate quickly to your potential client what your shop and product are all about. It is only 55 characters long (including spaces) so you should use it wisely, and make sure that every word is helping you get ahead in the search. Avoid using words like and, or, for, etc., unless completely necessary so that you're making the most use of that precious space.

Your title tags are very important to the Etsy search engine because they, much like the proverbial bread crumbs, lead your customers to you. People use keywords to search for items they want/need, so you must cater to that, and to grasp the largest audience you have to think outside the box. Your sweater ornament title tags use the word sweater a whopping 5 times! To be brutally honest, that's just a waste of space, and using a particular word twice is more than enough. Moreover, overusing one keyword can be considered spam by the search engine, and for that reason may negatively affect your spot in the search.

Please, diversify your tags!!! The more variations you have for your item, the more accessible it is to a wide range of potential clients. Don't miss out on views and sales by pigeonholing your product.

Last comment on tags: why do I not see the word "crochet" in any of your tags? It's in your Shop Announcement. It's clearly a vital part of your product and a useful keyword! Plenty of people will use that in their search, so you better start using it too!!

Let me know how things go, and if you need any extra help, head on over to my page!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi Stone Lush!

Your jewelry is lovely, and there is certainly a big market out there for natural gemstone jewelry!

The fact that you link your social media and discount codes in the descriptions is not at all a bad thing - we're all here for self-promotion. If you're worried about it looking/sounding too spammy I would suggest slightly changing the presentation of the information. For example, when you list your social media, instead of prefacing each link with "follow me @ ______", you can make a little list like so:

"To be notified of new coupon codes or to be featured, follow and tag me on Instagram

@stonelush
@love_of_jewelry
@etsy_treasures

or sign up for my newsletter!

http://bit.ly/2dAlIG7 "

or something to that effect. The fewer times you say "follow me", the less invasive it sounds. If you say it only once or twice you're being informative rather than annoying.

Of course, I won't leave you alone without mentioning tags. I see that you use your Title Tags space inconsistently - some use the entire space allocated, and some, are much too short. Please, please, please, use all the space provided. The more relevant tags you have, the higher your chance is of getting found by those keywords. Tags equal a good spot in the search list, and in turn, that equals to more views and more potential customers. Also having the word SALE as your first word in your tags isn't necessarily the best idea. Your first tags should be the most specific, and if you must use the word sale, leave it for the end.

Finally, you Shop Title is on the right track but is a little lackluster and non-specific. Your audience does need to know you sell jewelry, but so many others sell jewelry too, so if there's something that's special about your line, take every opportunity to set yourself apart.

Hope this helps and good luck!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi Yurie!

Your shop is adorable, and I'm sure that sense of humor is shared by many of us out here on the grind.

Overall, I think everything is looking pretty good; so congrats, you're on the right track!

That being said, I will say that putting the slogans printed on your items as the first thing in your title tags should be avoided. The thing is, that the first words should describe specifically the type of item you have and not what the item says exactly. It's unlikely that someone will search for the phrase word for word, so you're better off breaking it up or sticking it at the end in the very least and going with something more search-friendly in the front.

To create trust with the customers, I definitely suggest a longer Profile and About. Those are the texts that allow your customers to get to know you, so fill that space information that points to the things that set you and your business apart from the rest in a genuine and relatable way. Also, provide all and any useful information about your products and the manufacturing/creative process in the descriptions, and focus on good customer service!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Thanks!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi Debbie Shop!

You teethers are totally adorable!

Your title tags... need work. Avoid using single words to describe your products because typically potential customers search for items using a set of keywords, or key phrases. The first words/phrases of your title tags should describe your products specifically but not so specifically that it hurts your search potential. For example, this listing

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/477249478/cookie-bpa-free-silicone-teether-baby?ref=shop_home_active...

has "cookie" as the first word in your title. First of all, "cookie" is not that specific, and secondly, it does not describe your item at all. Most people that search for the word "cookie" alone will not be looking for items like yours. That being said, you shouldn't scrap it all together, rather use it in combination with another word or two and not in the very beginning of your tags. Maybe say something like "silicone cookie baby teether" instead. Also, use all the allotted space; I noticed that your title tags are a little too short.

Your tags are short, but your descriptions are long...so very, very long. While it is great that you want to provide customers with all the useful and necessary information, it is not okay to make them as long as the workday on a Monday. Descriptions should rarely be longer than 300 words (and even then 300 is pushing it), and your description for the above-listed listing is a whopping 588 words! I've written essays in University shorter than that! Modern, technology-savvy, youtube-watching people do not want to read a lot, period. (I realize the irony of what I just said as I am writing this very long review but bear with me). You have all the good information there, just edit it down to feature only the most important things to make it easily digestible for your client base and you'll have it in the bag!

0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi everyone!

I'm so glad to see such a high demand for reviews; I do love helping all of you. I promise I will get to each and every one of you, so sit tight, and newbies, keep them requests coming!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Viktoriya! Thank you for the hilarious write up and wonderful suggestions! I will work on the improvements you suggested. Thank you for your time and generosity. Best wishes and a ton of appreciation! Debbie
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hey! I would love a review! I'm just starting out and I'm not sure if my products are something that would be good to sell! I also want to know what I can do improve my shop further! Thanks in advance!!! Xoxo
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I think I know what you're going to say about my shop...It's all over the place. There's no coherency to my products. I need to better define my brand and target audience. I've given this a lot of thought the past two days...I've chosen two products that I love making, but they're completely opposite of each other. So I've also decided to change my store name to be more product specific and open up a second store to sell the other product I love, which are cat pillows and other pillows I hope to create. Selling both fabric bags and cat pillows in the same shop would be a mistake, don't you think? Thank you in advance for your input :-)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Wow! Thank you for all the reviews so far!! I read all the previous reviews and tried to update my shop. I am very new to actually working on my shop and would love a review. I am still trying to understand all the seo lingo but will keep working on everything. I have only sold one item so I have a lot of work to do to get my shop going!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I've been on Etsy for over a month and I am still learning the ropes. I have been reading the reviews you have given others, and gained a good tip just from reading the introduction for this thread! It caused me to go back and redo several of my listings, including the photos on one.

I would like a review of my shop when you have the time, and thank you Viktoriya!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi, I would like a review of my shop. Thank you!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi Viktoria,
I sell all natural Body Care products and wouldn't mind having experienced eyes taking a look at my shop. I already got a lot of tips from reading this thread! Thanks a lot for your generosity!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi Donna Miller!

You've got some cute little dolls in your shop and a lot of stuff to work on.

First, I would tackle the Shop Title because it is your SEO ticket to a good spot in a google search. While what you have listed there is not technically incorrect, it is pretty vague. "Handmade gifts" is a huge category encompassing all kinds of stuff, so while you may want to leave the phrase in, add some supplementary words that describe your merchandise more specifically. Remember that you have 55 characters including spaces at your disposal, so make the best of what you've got!

Your title tags should be longer - you have 120 characters to work with, and the more relevant keywords you use in your tags, the higher your chances of showing up higher in the search. I would also omit phrases like "free shipping" from your title tags and put them in the Shop Announcement or Descriptions sections of your shop.

Finally, I find that the quality of the pictures is on the low side. It looks like your camera is out of focus on many of the shots, giving the dolls kind of a fuzzy halo. This can be easily misinterpreted to mean that the dolls themselves have some sort of fuzz or fluff sticking out, and it's not cute. Just make sure your camera is in focus when you take your pictures, and if you have a hard time, use a tripod to take your shots. I also suggest taking photos in natural light (beside a window, on your balcony, outdoors) before noon or a few hours before sunset - this will also help your photos looks sharp and the colors look true!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi Tracyd!

I also believe that we do better together, and should you decide to mention me on your blog, I would very much appreciate it!

And now, your review! It looks like you're using all the available characters for your title tags, but you tend to repeat words a lot. In this listing, for example,

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/484478857/boho-necklace-aqua-boho-necklace?ref=shop_home_feat_1

you use the word "Boho" 5 times, and the word "Necklace" 6 times. Doing may cause search engines to consider your content spam and will negatively affect your position in a search. Moreover, I think that using the same word or two words over and over is a waste of precious space because it doesn't increase your chances to come up in the top of the search for that word. You want only to use one particular word twice (maybe three times if you have to) and work on diversifying your tags because not every customer will use the same phrase to search for items similar to yours and might not be able to find you for that reason.

Your Shop Title needs work as well: right now is too short and lacks specific, eye-catching keywords. The Shop Title is an SEO hotspot and works as a tagline for your store in a google search. You want to use all 55 (including spaces, commas, etc.,) to pack in as many keywords - in a way that is readable and makes sense, of course - as you can so that google can find you and so that potential customer will be inspired by your tagline to click on your shop.

Finally, I think that some of your photos are a little too busy. The listing I already used as an example earlier offers a beautiful turquoise necklace, but at first glance, (especially when viewed in the Etsy search as a thumbnail) it is nearly impossible to distinguish what the item for sale is. The bright pink background is very distracting and takes away from the gorgeous colors and quality craftsmanship of your piece. Make sure that your product takes center stage! I, for example, like a lot of your photos that feature a soft blue background because it is eye-catching, but does not upstage the jewelry!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Thank you so much! I know your time is precious, and I am over the moon for this review... I have some work to do! I really appreciate your input...Best of wishes to you...And thank you, again!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi.
Please, give me mini review. Thank you very much!!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Id like a review please
0 Likes
LEAFME
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
Please give me a review. We are new at etsy and have no idea if we do right. We are from hamburg, germany and want to sales our collection all over the world 😊. Thank you. I really appreciate your opinion/input.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I would love a review. I just opened my shop and I'm not sure if I'm utilizing all parts of my shop properly. Your help would be amazing.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I would love a mini review!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I would love to take you up on your offer of a mini review.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hello Viktoriya,

Thank you for your kind offer.
If you are going to have time to give me your review about my shop, that would be great.
Have a wonderful weekend,

Goga
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi, Victoriya ,I would love to have a review from you. Thank you so much for your time.

Andrianna.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi, I would really appreciate a review. I haven't had a sale and get very few views. https://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtByNesly
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.