Getting found. YIKES! It's a daunting task but entirely doable.
One of the topics people ask most about is titles and tags.
How to name your product, make it personal to you, but to get found in searches as well.
Here goes!
So you've created a product. You've photographed it, named it, filled out all the info, posted it, but you're not anywhere near the top.
Tip #1:
Use up the entire allowed amount for your title! Don't just name your product one short title. Really think about what your product is, how many uses it has, if you can use other words to describe the same item, and how people might look for it in a search.
For example: One of the pieces in my shop is a Tree of Life Pendant. But it can be used as a necklace, a Sun Catcher for your window, a Christmas Tree Ornament, or a Rear View Mirror Ornament. I've included all those things in my title. And it really works! Today, someone searched "Rear View Mirror" and my product was found.

Tip #2
Holiday coming up? Include it in your title. Can it be a gift for a specific person, or used for an event? Include it in your title.

Tip#3
Include key words which are in your titles in your tags! This will strengthen your search.
For example: Here is the title of the same Tree:
Tree of Life Pendant Moonstone in Copper - June Birthstone Wire Wapped Talisman - Necklace - Sun Catcher - Car Rear View Mirror Ornament
I've included almost every word in my tags!
Ps: Add spaces in between the " - " or it messes the whole search thing up.

Tip #4
Have a look at the competition! Do a search for the same item as yours. Have a look at what titles and tags the top sellers are using and go from there. There's a reason they are being found. Don't directly copy because, well, that's just mean, but use them as a guide.

I hope this helps some of you new sellers and anyone looking to increase your views and sales. I noticed a big difference when I researched and implemented these ideas into my shop.
Have a super day, and stay tuned to my shop. I'll be offering an SEO HELP SECTION very soon at a reasonable price.
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Titles and Tags!

Thanks!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello. I've had my shop open for almost a month. Had over 100 views (not ok with me) had only one sale and about 6 favorites. I've done the seo thing. Barely a change. I've looked up trends nothing... im worried I just don't have that wow factor. I'm seeing others are getting 80+ orders (my dream) can someone go to my shop and be as blunt honest with me as possible. I've been working on it a lot and still no change in revenue. Thank you in advance.
0 Likes

I will try all of them :) hope it will work! Thanx a lot.
0 Likes

Kayla- I looked at your shop and I think your items are very cute! More listings and a larger variety of items may help! I especially love the bear onsie!:)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you Vicki.
0 Likes

Thanks for sharing the most imp tips. Its been a nightmare for me to get the tags n titles right!
Can you guys also chk if i m doing it right cz even i m so scared that i hvnt been able to do sales! Making new things but no sales :(
Thanks again for the wonderful post!
K
0 Likes

Kayla, I will have another look at your shop tonight. Super cute shop! At first glance, I would look at your titles and tags. Use all the tags allowed. Avoid one word tags like colour. Also include rings like "new baby" and Baby Shower Gift" in both your title and tags. All the best,
Barb
0 Likes

Barbara ade you referring to me in your post above? Its komal here :) thanks
0 Likes

Komal, I was just quickly looking at your shop. I love the mobiles! I noticed a few spelling and grammar errors in your tags and descriptions Also, you can put a link to your shop page in your description. It makes it easier for people to jump back to your shop to continue browsing. I'll have a more in depth look tonight. Also, as for both you and Kayla: the more listings, the better.
All the best!
Barb
0 Likes

U r a darling! I will need to work on my spelling. I sm alwats multitasking with a demanding toddler. So i screwup most of the times.
And thanks for the compliment
Bless you
Komal
0 Likes

I know how you feel! I have a preschooler and a 1 year old..... A full time very physical job, and about 6 million hobbies.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you Barbara. On Monday I will work on those tags. I took screen shots of them I I can keep them as a reference. But I do have a large order to fill with my other brand but I should be good on that in about 2 weeks and I will work really hard on my etsy as much as possible! Thank you so so so much for your help. =)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you so much. Great info.
0 Likes

Good info, thank you Barbara!
0 Likes

Thank you Barbara, you're very generous with your advice- much appreciated.

Claudia
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Great post! Thanks for the info!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks Barbara! This is super helpful.
0 Likes

This is the hardest thing! getting the SEO right. But the weirdest thing is that some people say to use short and to the point titles and some say long. I'm confused. :-(
0 Likes

I prefer long, that way you can can add some of those words in your tags. And your items have a better chance of getting found.
Seriously beautiful shop, by the way. Your photos are wonderful!
0 Likes

This was very helpful. Thank you!
0 Likes

Thank you for all the time up put into helping everyone. I would really appreciate if you could take a look at my shop. I am open to ideas. It's just hard to get found. Bev from Coupon Country. Thanks again.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Very helpful, thanks! 😁
0 Likes
DrVorobev
Inspiration Seeker

Thanks a lot for the advice!
0 Likes

You're welcome, everyone!
Beverly: I would work on your shop announcement and about page. Also, put a space in between your backslashes in your title, and I would put a link to your shop page in each description.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

www.etsy.com/listing/269525969/women-and-horse?ref=shop_home_active_6
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.