Former_Member
Not applicable

How are your sales?

So we've all been hearing how much busier it would be in the holiday season. Well it's almost November and so far my sales are the same, more or less. How about you? Have you seen an increas in sales or store traffic? What do you plan to take your store to the next level this holiday season? Sound off below!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
43 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: How are your sales?

I'm eagerly awaiting... anything! Haha, but I know when I do my Etsy holiday shopping it will be from things I've gathered on my favorites list. So hopefully that means all the favorites I've accumulated in my shop for the last few weeks will transform into sales!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Well I've had an Etsy shop for a whole 2 weeks..... and..... nothing.....
Oh well, I've decided to enjoy the experience and the contact with people all over the world.
Hopefully I haven't just chosen the wrong products to make, I suppose time will tell :-)
xxx
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Sadly, success is not overnight for most. It takes a lot of patience and dedication with a long time of seeing nada for a lot of people. I think the people who are the most successful are the ones who treat etsy and social media advertisement like it's a full time job. Very difficult to do!
I'm sure your products are fine, you've just got to find your niche! You can do this! Stick with it and do what you love!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Etsy takes a lot of patience. It also takes a certain level of commitment. For some persons it may be easier because they may just be selling an item that will always be in popular demand. But for some of us selling unique items that aren't as readily sought after then it will be a challenge. I have realized that making new items and increasing the number of items in your store will significantly increase your shop's exposure and cause an increase in sales. I've also noticed that persons who list lots of items always have far more sales. This is just because they are giving their customers lots of options. So that's something I'm working on and I'd recommend that everyone who hasn't done so already give this a try!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone, I am just wondering how important is item description? I am not sure what information to include
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I haven't had any sales yet.. :(
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! Item description should tell you the items story (eg. I decided to make this butter after suffering from a chronic dry scalp and eczema), your inspiration for making it (eg. my grandmother would always tell me to use natural products from the earth in their pure forms for my hair and skin), ingredients or materials used in its construction, why you should buy it (eg. Good deal, promotion, helps to keep your skin soft, adds to the beauty of your home etc) , the benefit of having it versus not having it (eg.using this butter will help to seal in moisture and prevent dryness). Without an awesome description the majority of persons who visit your store won't actually make a purchase. Most of the times.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I know it's hard but don't give up! Keep promoting your store. Start an Instagram page, Twitter page, FB page, and Pinterest page. These will help to kickstart your stores popularity. Good luck!!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

That's all great advice I am feeling motivated!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Glad I could help! :-)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Well, we started on February this year, and so far just 4 sales for Mother's day, after that, nothing.
Keep promoting everywhere I can. Hopefully the rush will start for us soon.

Good luck everybody.
0 Likes

No sales yet but just opened last month. Happy to be on the team. Best of luck to everyone for many sales!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

So... no sales as of yet, but that's ok because I had my baby! Woop! I had listed like 5 items the day before so I had a few favorites and views.

Looks like my life just got a lot busier! Just not on Etsy, but I'm all right with it for now. :)

Good vibes and positive thoughts for everyone!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Congrats Katherine! That is so exciting!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I havent gotten many sales recently but Im working on uploading lots of more items so hopefully they will increase soon! Im also thinking about doing some fun social media giveaways for the holidays with some items or a few little sales!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Not much over here either...
0 Likes

I've had my shop open for about four weeks now and have only made one sale - to my brother. It is a little discouraging... I'm not quite sure what else I should be doing. Of course I'm also not able to add as much now as I'm working on my own Christmas presents (lots of people in my family)! I'm hoping that after Christmas I can really add more and focus on promoting my shop. Maybe (fingers crossed) by next Christmas things will be booming!

0 Likes
DesignedbyDaniN
Inspiration Seeker

I have a tip for when I have no sale for several days: change the product name and tags because you start getting way far in the pages. You can rearrange the name of the product and that will help you get it into first pages!
0 Likes

Thanks for sharing your tip Dani!
0 Likes

Just had to share.............how excited was I this morning when I discovered I had made my first sale :) (is that sad ??) Good luck to all other team members .......sharing the luck :)
0 Likes

Congrats Bev!
0 Likes
DesignedbyDaniN
Inspiration Seeker

Congrats Bev thats Great!!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello. Thank you for inviting me to this team :D
I don't have sales yet. I decided to renew my photography items to sell as instant download. Before i offered as colorful prints, but it seems that no one wants to buy prints.

Wish me good luck!!

Love&Inpiration
Hecgli
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I had a sale the other day. Nothing all November and then surprise! I've been working hard on pinterest lately. It's getting addictive!!

Happy Holidays
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.