What worked best for you?

Hello creative people,
What have you tried so far that is working very well on your Etsy shop?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
129 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: What worked best for you?

Hiya, my latest creation is a Russian Spiral necklace with Swarovski crystals. I have generated quite a few views. I am currently just finishing a 5 strand Illusion Necklace with Czech beads in white and Swarovski crystal elements.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, I've been adding new key word search ads and including my handmade recycled cedar wine racks and wedding décor in Facebook Groups.
0 Likes

I'm finally getting some sales, and I think it's because I've spent far more time on my tags for my newest listings. This draws people in and benefits my entire shop. Now I just need to go back and put more effort into the tags of my older listings. :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Tees that speak our minds without us having too. Very effective ;)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

We have offered our handmade wine gift boxes for $30.00. They have been selling well.
0 Likes

nothing! Please help! I think my tags are wrong....I've been working on some of them based on what I've been reading, but still not sure if I'm doing it right. I would greatly appreciate any advice....
Happy Holidays to all,
Doris
0 Likes

Hi Doris,

The easiest way to figure out tags is to use the search bar on Etsy. Start typing what you'd search for to find it, and see what auto-complete searches come up.

E.g. I had a brief look at your shop and saw you have some bridal jewellery. If you start typing in B-R-I-D, you get "bride", "bridesmaid", "bridesmaid's gift", "mother of the bride", "bridal jewelry" and so on. And then continue with other features of the listing.

I could never fill up all 13 slots before someone gave me that tip, now it's mostly easy. :)

Best of luck!

-Victoria
0 Likes

Getting great views and favs with new offerings! Working on tags and titles and better understanding of same!
Still holding at one December sale...but got great feedback on it.
I am the eternal optimist...even though I am in saturated jewelry market, I think my designs are different enough to stand out! Soon to show new purses; and a new type of earwire...
0 Likes

So I have a question

How did everyone create their policies? Not how to post them but how did you decide what the policies were
0 Likes

Hi Erin,

I had some discussions with my partner (who's more business savvy than me) about what to put down, but it was just skeleton policies at first. I've bulked them up a bit by reading the discussions in teams (The UK & Ireland Support Team has been particularly helpful) and "borrowing" other people's policies.

I still don't feel like I'm finished writing them, but I do it little by little when something new comes up.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Can you have a look to my shop just to tell me what is going wrong with it?
0 Likes

Hi Elda,

I love your shop. So many pretty things. :)

One piece of advice I'd give is to make sure all the tags are spelt correctly (I spotted "nacklace" in one of them).

I've found that jewellery is really hard to sell because there are just so many shops that sell it. So I suspect we're in the same boat.

Your photos are gorgeous though, I'm going to take inspiration from you. :)

Best of luck and sorry I can't give much help.

-Victoria
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Elda,
I am quite new at this and also learning. I think your jewellery is really lovely and quite unique. I have favourited a couple of pieces - I could have done loads more.
I have got a fb page that I am really trying to get going to increase traffic to the site. Maybe you could set one up and try and network with other fashion/ jewellery sites.
Try and use all the tags to describe and even though you create new pieces there are lots of vintage lovers on etsy so maybe include era's eg eighties style etc.
Good luck
Amanda
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I stocked up my shop and now I have about 30 listings and this is many more than I expected 2 months ago. I'm observing increasing number of views and favorites but since august I had 2 sales. It was very empowering experience to sell something abroad and get 5 stars :-)

Nevertheless I'm worried about the numbers. I'm wondering how many views or favorites on average I need in order to sell something?

Are there any major mistakes I make?

Thank you in advance for your insights.
0 Likes

Hi Maciej, I love your shop. Your items are amazing! And photography is really good. :) The one thing I'd suggest from a cursory glance is to put the main search term first in the the title. So for example for the toy cars, put "Toy Car" first, followed by what kind of car it is.

I read somewhere that for online shops you should expect at least 100 views for each sale, but I have a lot fewer sales than that. I really need to work on my photography though, so I don't know if I'm a fair comparison. :) Either way, you'll have a lot of views from people who are just browsing, or who thought your stuff looked nice but don't have the money to spare, or a lot of things like that.

If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to join more teams on Etsy. A lot of them have really helpful advice, and are a lot more active than this one. Sometimes it's a way to get sales as well.

Best of luck. :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

io sono rossella di ecosostenibilità, ringrazio per il vostro ben venuto, e sono a vostra disposizione se si tratta di fare cose semplici, essendo nuova, un caloroso e cordiale ciao
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Love the Etsy selling idea, but I need feedback about the enticement of my shop. Tags for my handmade boxes need to be refined, anyone with variations on Vintage Handmade Gift Boxes? GrammysOneOfAKind, needs you! Priscilla
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Having a great time creating my products. I have ordered a banner to show off my shop's goodies for April's sales! Tagging is a learning process I've discovered....very important for catchy advertising! Good luck to all Etsy
Buddies! Priscilla
0 Likes
Nylissa
Post Crafter

I have found that recently I've had more sales. One reason may be that my iPhone takes far better photos than my previous phone ever did. It takes great close-ups of necklace details such as clasps.

I also have two twitter accounts - one for my shop and one for me. I can then tweet during "Handmade Hour" on Wednesdays or Sundays and RT myself from either account. I do have a Facebook page for Nylissa with a Shop Now button, but if you have a lot of followers, Twitter is far more useful. It helps you make a lot of friends who have Etsy shops, and you can all RT each other during Handmade Hour using the #handmadehour hashtag to get more views for your listings.

Another thing I've started to do is move older listings into my Sale section, with lower prices. This has helped me to sell items I made a year or so ago.

I also offer a free gift with the first purchase. All of these things have helped. I did not find taking out a Facebook ad very useful. Friends all see my jewellery posts anyway.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.