WELCOME to Etsy Illustrators! PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING...

WE EXPECT OUR MEMBERS TO...
- NEVER drop their links and run.
- ALWAYS read the opening post of a topic.
- REPORT other members who are spamming or not playing fair.
- PROMOTE each other!

WHY WE'RE DIFFERENT...
- Art is hard to sell on Etsy! We are a team all about sharing knowledge, improving our shops and mutual promotion!

- Most teams here on Etsy have endless "post your new items!" threads with everyone just dumping their links and running off... What a waste of time! No potential buyers get to see your items this way.

- If you give your team mates views, favourites and promote them outside of Etsy (ESPECIALLY important!), they will return the favour. And that leads to buyers finding your works and increased sales!

BEST PROMOTION PRACTISES...
- It's debatable how much favourites and views that come from Etsy Teams help the placement of items in Etsy's search. It's generally considered that they help a little, but are inferior to "real" clicks and favs made by potential buyers searching and clicking on your item. The best way to promote is off site to an audience unfamiliar with Etsy altogether, so how about we help each other expose our social media posts to new audiences by liking, sharing, reblogging and retweeting? Unfortunately, most people only want to play the low investment games on Etsy Teams like the ones that involve simple clicks to favourite each other's work. I urge you all to go a little bit further and reap the rewards!

WE HAVE A TEAM TWITTER!
- https://twitter.com/EtsyIllustrator
- Please follow, we follow back!
- Any tweets with the tag #EtsyIllustrators will be retweeted.
- Please help your fellow team mates by also retweeting and following #EtsyIllustrators

NOW THAT YOU KNOW WHAT WE'RE ALL ABOUT...
- Introduce yourself to the team below!
- You can also use this thread to ask questions about the team or make suggestions.
- Please contact me directly if you feel happier doing so!
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: TEAM PHILOSOPHY | Introduce yourself here!

Hi Fellow Illustrators,

My name is G and I'm a collage artist based in the East of England.

I've just joined what I hope is an active team. Look forward to learning and contributing here.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Hi there!!

I am Raquel, nice to be here. I am an illustrator based in Barcelona. I like to draw and paint with many different styles and try diferent materials. But my favourite it is watercolor and ink :) Feel free to visit my Etsy.
0 Likes

Hi Illustrators!
I'm Lea, fairly new to Etsy. Lovin it!
I'm not a professional illustrator but have been drawing and doing graphic design work on and off for ever. I'm a photographer by trade but for a few reasons, mostly health, I'm turning back to the ole pencil n paper!
Couldn't be happier about that.
Look forward to communicating with other artsy Etsy folk.
Edit: probably should add I'm based on south east coast of Australia
Cheers, Lea
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello!

I rejoined Etsy after a few years hiatus and revamped my offering and branding and am starting my new journey. I'm an art director in Chicago by day and drawing helps me unwind at the end of the day.

In addition to my Etsy store, my Instagram is very active - posting almost daily work @hgcstudio

I'm excited to get a chance to interact with you!
0 Likes

Hello fellow illustrators,

I'm a hobbyist vector illustrator based out of NYC, currently abroad in Europe. I've been pixel drawing since the days of the MacPlus and spent a lot more lead drawing than doing homework in school. I've been dedicated to my vector tool in PS for more than a decade as a way to occupy my time while listening to audiobooks. At the behest of a fellow Etsyite I've decided to finally start selling some of my work.

Hoping to benefit from the experience of more seasoned artists here. See you on the boards.
0 Likes
BooksbyPete
Inspiration Seeker

Hi Everyone!
*waves*

I'm Pete from BooksbyPete. I've recently jumped in to the illustration pool. I've always loved drawing but never had the faith in myself to take the plunge... then I went for it!
In the last 6 months I've created my first children's picture book and a range of prints. I've been hitting local events and school fayres and I've managed to get my book stocked in a few book shops too!

I'm really pleased to have found an Etsy Team for illustrators. I've looked and favourited your shops and it's really exciting to find a group of similar people! Can't wait to learn from you all.

See you around. :D
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone !

I am a painter, living in Belgium. I make acrylic paintings on canvas. My themes are varied and come mainly from my fantasy world, sometimes cartoon "pop" sometimes Gothic. I mainly use black and bright colors for a graphic effect.

I opened my Etsy shop a couple of months ago. I would therefore like to benefit from the advice of more experienced people, in order to improve my visibility and my marketing. I hope I can also make my small contribution to the Team !

Thank you for your welcome !

Fanny Tondeur
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everybody! I am Karina. I love anime and kawaii related things. I draw fan art and make kawaii jewelry. I am exited to join this team and support fellow artists <3
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello Fellow Etsy Illustrators,

I'm an Illustrator from Australia. Although many years in the making, I just recently opened my Etsy store, where I sell hand drawn watercolour and ink illustrations with thought provoking messages.

I have only recently delved back into the creative world, after a decade being a stay at home mum to my four precious children. I am really excited to be a part of the Etsy community and look forward to the discussions and being part of this team!

Belinda
0 Likes

Hi Peeps

I'm Jo, an artist / illustrator / designer living in the West Midlands, UK.
I'm still pretty new to Etsy, so it's a very steep learning curve for me but I'm loving it. I can't get over how much beautiful art work is out there and I'm still struggling to find my thing... trouble is I love everything, so it's kinda hard for me to settle on one particular style.. I embrace it all!
Here's to surviving and thriving ;0)
Does this group have an instagram account?
Cheers
Jo
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone!

Our names are Abby and Jayme! We are recent architecture student graduates and illustrators living in Austin, TX. One of our favorite parts of school was drawing scale figures to put into our drawings and we have to decided to start a business doing digital drawing!

We're excited to be part of the Etsy community and learning from you all!
0 Likes
WillsmerArt
Inspiration Seeker

Hi All,

My name is Toby and I have been illustrating for over 20 years now. These days it's pretty much all in the digital realm but every now and then i'll get the real paints out for a bit.
My style is mostly comic based using bold colours and dynamic poses.

After many years of drawing random stuff that's in my head I have finally set up a shop in the glorious world of Etsy where you can buy them as prints. We shall see how Etsy works and if I can manage to get people to have my stuff on their walls.

Cheers
Toby
1 Like

Hi guys! 

I'm a new seller on Etsy so I am trying to undertand how it works (eheheheh) I´m very excited about joining your group. I´m from Portugal and I work as a product photographer in a huge internacional company. 

I am graduated in Fine Arts and what makes me happy is drawing and illustrate my thoughts. Visit my page and support my dream. I would be so appreciated.  I´m looking forward to get to know you all.

Any suggestions please contact me. 

1 Like
alynaomie
Inspiration Seeker

Hello, I just liked your page. Love your illustration work - it's very strong and heartfelt  

0 Likes
AlixArtLaden
Inspiration Seeker

Betreff: TEAM PHILOSOPHY | Introduce yourself here!

Liebe Freunde,

auch ich mache gerade meine ersten Schritte in die Selbstständigkeit - begleitet mit einem Etsy-Shop und merke,
wie viel Organisation drumherum hier dazu gehört.
Bestimmt geht's der Ein- oder dem Anderen ähnlich und wir können uns austauschen.
Deshalb: Bei Fragen gerne jederzeit melden.
Davon abgesehen habe ich derweil 2 fertige Produkte, die unglaublich nachhaltig, regional produziert und mit viel viel Liebe gestaltet sind.
Schaut gerne rein, es wäre mir eine Freude: https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/AlixArtLaden

Beste Grüße, Alix

0 Likes

Hello illustrators!
I'm Alvaro Ferrero (Ferrero Art) and I love Etsy!
I am not a professional illustrator, but I have been drawing and doing various jobs forever. Due to health problems my activity is sometimes a little parked due to my ailments.
I would like to be able to participate and contribute as much as possible to this community and as long as my health allows it.
I must say that I live in a beautiful inland town in Alicante, called Biar and from here I want to wish you the best for all illustrators and art lovers in general.
Greetings.

https://www.etsy.com/es/shop/FerreroArt?ref=seller-platform-mcnav&section_id=17178602

0 Likes
Arrivedlate
Inspiration Seeker

Hello Friends! 

Nice to e-meet you all! I'm an Illustrator/Designer that joined Etsy recently. I decided to get back into art seriously to start my own brand (Arrivedlate) - at the moment specializing in stickers, stationeries and apparel. Looking forward to connecting with fellow creators as I tend to bury myself in the process and forget to interact. 

My shop is https://www.etsy.com/shop/arrivedlate and you can find me on IG @Arrivedlate

Cheers and stay safe

AVL

1 Like
alynaomie
Inspiration Seeker

Hello Etsy Illustrators,

My name is Aliyah Campbell and I'm the owner of Alynaomie Illustration. I'm an illustrator and writer that has recently been focused on creating whimsical illustration and writing related to migration and children. I also run the blog Caribbean Art on Tumblr. I'm still new to Etsy Teams and Etsy in general. I look forward to checking in on your shops to see what everyone is doing.

Thanks and stay safe.

etsy.com/shop/alynaomie | alynaomie.com | caribbeanart.tumblr.com

0 Likes

Hello everyone ! I'm discovering Etsy, community and teams (still unsure how they work)
So I'm Vanee and I'm an illustrator based in France and i'm slowly putting up my shop. I'm planning on doing conventions as soon as possible (if they ever come back, it was the wrong year to start out...) so meanwhile I'm trying to get the grasp of Etsy. I will be doing posters, also post-cards, for now I have a bookmark serie, keyrings and a few watercolors. I love anime/manga, and video games so I do a bit of fan-art but planning to expend to original art too (posters and such on the way !)

There's a ton of awesome art around here !
I'm dropping my shop link right here and I'll go follow some new shops right now ! :
https://www.etsy.com/fr/shop/VaneeArtShop and you can also find me on Instagram @vanee_art !

0 Likes

Hey there everyone!  I’m glad to be new to the team.  It’s so exciting to be amongst so many people who enjoy doing what I do!  My name is Mia Forsythe and I’m a young Canadian artist.  My work typically deals with topics of self-identity with unusual imagery.  I love to take something that you might see everyday and put an unexpected twist on it.  I’m courageous with what I want to express and I never water down ideas to make them palatable.  In short I’m trying to be the most Mia Forsythe as I can be!  I look forward to engaging with you more in the future.  

Etsy Shop: https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/MiaIllustratesShop?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mia_illustrates/

0 Likes
HenneZines
Inspiration Seeker

Hi Etsy Illustrators,

I'm Duane from Australia (Duané in my art) and I've only just started on Etsy. I've yet to build up my Zine shop with more zines and I'm putting effort into getting my art ready for an art shop I will be opening. I'm a Printmaker and Digital Artist and Cartoonist who currently has a day job of a Database Administrator. Yep, I'm looking for a way out of the latter

I speak English and Spanish and my art is in both languages. I'm currently illustrating a book for an author, but really, the effort to produce work for an author is.... I'd rather concentrate on illustrating my own work and releasing it

I have a number of project ideas but baby steps as I learn about selling on Etsy.

I hope to get to know at least some of you over time as I get more involved in this.

Tengan ustedes un buen día. 

0 Likes

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.