REBboutique
Conversation Maker

Need help with CMYK colors

Hi, I'm trying to create a business card to match an Etsy shop set I designed for a customer. I'm using a .jpg with CYMK colors. One of the dominant colors in the shop set is a bright lime green. I know I can't really reproduce bright colors in CMYK, but I can't even get close to the color I need.

Any advice on how to create a lime green or something like it would be very much appreciated!

TIA
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Need help with CMYK colors

Did you try taking it into photoshop or indesign and selecting the color with the eyedropper? Usually it displays the CMYK values in the corner.
0 Likes
REBboutique
Conversation Maker

Thanks, Rifath, but unfortunately, that wasn't helpful. See this thread: http://www.etsy.com/teams/7722/business-topics/discuss/10804380/page/1
0 Likes

If you are printing from your own printer, I've found that it's helpful to print out what you think will be close and then adjust it by eye based on what was printed (more blue, less yellow, etc). The finished color on screen may be nothing close to what you want, but if it prints correctly, that's all you need.

I once had this same trouble with hot pink. After 20 test prints, I finally had something that printed correctly, even though the on-screen color looked WAY off. So yeah, just experiment, print, adjust, print, adjust, etc....

Oh and I'm sure you know that every printer will print differently, so if you're printing somewhere else, you will have to re-test this way on that printer.
0 Likes

Unfortunately you wont be able to print a bright lime green from CMYK. You'll need to have an offset printer run a PMS ink for you.

CMYK has it limitations, including a navy blue (will print purple) Bright oranges (print brown).

Take it from someone who has been in graphics and printing for many years professionally. The closest you'll get to lime is more like.. Key lime pie ;) More pastel than neon.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.