i hate the forum migration. my children are going to drive me to the loony bin (but i love them anyway). my hubby works 2 house away and can only come home on his days off :(, and the house i am renting is falling apart. i live in the boonies 45 minutes away from a target or any other familiar store. we have a mouse and i feel like i need acme products to get rid of it! i HATE the nick jr channel, but am forced to watch it daily.
rant over, i think...
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: bitch and moan thread vent away!

My turn. I spent 2 weeks building my website. I finishes and published it then I saw it on someone elses computer. Back to the drawing board : (
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

did I really say "I finishs it" lol.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

@americanpurse...I've built 5 websites, two in wordpress.org where everything is in html code, I feel your pain. Right now I'm building two sites that are template based and it's still a pain to get it right. I just added blogs to the sites but it's going to take 24 hours for them to take effect. Guess I'll have two more things to do on a daily basis.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm new at it crememagnolia. Next time I get it finished it will stay as is lousy or not lol.
0 Likes
GoTo
Crafty Poster

artinspired--have you tried one of these?

http://www.victorpest.com/store/rodent-control/m007
http://www.havahart.com/store/live-animal-traps/1020

The plastic one is great but easy to trip without catching them--and you have to open it to see if you caught the mouse. Our camper gets mice in the fall and I caught & released more than 8 in 24 hours with two of these. Then no mice until the next fall.

The metal one we just bought this year and caught and released 4. I wanted the larger cage because we had a second type of unidentified rodent over the winter, and I thought perhaps we hadn't caught it in the small traps because they are such a tight fit for the plastic mouse-size trap.

(I guess you can tell that I prefer not to kill them. I can't blame them for wanting to be inside the warm place with all the tasty snacks, it's where I want to be too... you just have to take them far enough away that they don't just come back the next day.)

Peanut butter has been the best bait so far.
0 Likes
miascloset
Conversation Maker

Yay, for the not killing the meeces....that would make me feel better.
0 Likes
GoTo
Crafty Poster

My poor husband--I think they are just precious and would really prefer to play with them and then release them, but I know they are unclean. I talk to them a bit before releasing, when we're in the car taking them for the ride to their new home, but I don't think they understand.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

sheesh...you guys...gals...make my life look easy...no major complaints...it's warmed up to minus 15C so this is a treat but snowed more...no mice....lots of wood...leftovers for supper...I was almost finished the borrowed book on my ereader and it returned itself...darn...nice to see familiar avis here...

have a great day...
0 Likes
GoTo
Crafty Poster

That's about the temp here in NY at the moment too. Brrr!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

brrr is right....at least it is sunny today and pretty out...

I have been to Ithica,NY but that's it for my cross border travels except Bellingham from BC....
0 Likes
GoTo
Crafty Poster

It was lovely and sunny when sitting inside next to the window.

I've made more than a few trips to Canada--one trip when I was a kid camping in Quebec & Ontario, and then quite a few night trips to Montreal when I was in college in Plattsburgh, NY--only 1 hour south and it didn't have any good clubs or much in the way of concerts, or that really tasty beer...
0 Likes

Nothing much to vent about today. So sorry that heating bill is so high! (my goodness) Glad your catch and release mousie program is working. . . beer sounds good to me. Hope you all stay warm.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Put just a tiny bit of peanut butter on the UNDERSIDE of the trigger on the bait trap. If you put too much on top, they get full before they trip it.
We have mice too!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

f U Migration!!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

@outlinedesign -- YELLS, too! it's Forum Evisceration.
0 Likes

i respect you goto for catching and releasing them. i am not as compassionate when it comes to them. it's survival of the fittest around here and that little forker's in the wrong house! they bread plenty, they know they are expendable! i do feel bad for the owls, snakes, and other birds of prey, as they will have one less mouse to eat. i will save the humane pest control for the raccoons and bears. it's almost time for them to come back around for the trash.
tag, you say the underside of the trigger huh? i will have to try that! sorry if i upset the catch and release crowd, but that's just me.
0 Likes
ClosetGothic
Community Curator

I could never kill those miserable meeces either.

We had one little mousie who got stuck in the wall behind our bedhead and he would jump up the wall slide back down as he missed his ledge to get out. This went on for sleepless HOURS and by early morning he could only s-l-o-w-l-y slide down inside the wall. I could just picture the poor little exhausted thing.

We devised a cunning plan. We drilled a big hole in the wall the size of a plastic milk bottle and slotted the bottle into the hole. 10 minutes later it popped out of the hole and into the bottle, lid on quick aand we set it free on the farm behind our house.

It was probably back next morning... we left the hole there for another month just in case.
0 Likes
ClosetGothic
Community Curator

Understood, artinspired. My husband got real when we caught 12 in one week. :/

Nothing like mouse poo in the bread bag to make you harden up.
0 Likes
GoTo
Crafty Poster

Awww ClosetGothic! I'd love to have seen that little thing pop out of the wall.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

northernwarmthings says:
sheesh...you guys...gals...make my life look easy...no major complaints...it's warmed up to minus 15C so this is a treat;
=======================
yuh, this winter weather is getting hard to take. I was out running erands this afternoon and actually had to turn the A/C on and-----

INCOMING!

OW
0 Likes

I have to say, it's been a good day. I better go to bed before that changes, lol!
0 Likes

okay, i get a convo from someone who had just joined Etsy and the question was this. I noticed in 2009 you sold a book , insert title of book, how much did it sell for because i want to sell a book just like it.

my question is this because it's making me crazy.. how did someone find my sold item. I know they can scroll through all my sold items, but seriously, a sold item from 2009, it would take hours to find that one particular book.

do the sold items come up in google, so if someone types in title of book sold etsy, they would get the sale ?

i'm losing my mind but mostly because it made me crazy "mad" to think someone joined just to ask that question.

0 Likes

lol! tell her you sold it for $2000! i would never give someone a straight answer for a question like that.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I guess they searched the name of the book and "etsy" and your shop came up? I tried to do that for something I bought in 2006, but I could not find it that way, so I dunno.

Send them to bibliofind:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?node=299899011
or alibris:
http://www.alibris.com/

Where they can find out all they want to know!

sheesh!
0 Likes
GoTo
Crafty Poster

I'm sure they came up with it through a search for the book title--you're on page 1 here:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Eight+Little+Indians+by+Josephine+Lovell

Personally, I like http://www.bookfinder.com for getting info. :)
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.