bitch and moan thread vent away!

i hate the forum migration. my children are going to drive me to the loony bin (but i love them anyway). my hubby works 2 house away and can only come home on his days off :(, and the house i am renting is falling apart. i live in the boonies 45 minutes away from a target or any other familiar store. we have a mouse and i feel like i need acme products to get rid of it! i HATE the nick jr channel, but am forced to watch it daily.
rant over, i think...
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
142 Replies
miascloset
Conversation Maker

Re: bitch and moan thread vent away!

Aw art, I feel for you! I remember watching Sesame Street all by myself cause I looked around and realized my 4 little ones had left the room.
I'm living now in a cold mini mansion that I can't sell. It needs a new roof which would take years for me to pay off. Can't really afford to stay but can't get out from under it.
I long for the desert.
0 Likes
GoTo
Crafty Poster

This migration makes me tired, like I don't want to participate. I'm pretty sure that says alllloooot.
0 Likes

I'm sick of winter. I just got a gas bill for the B&M storefront building that I bought and haven't moved into yet..$453.00. Ouch !! We've had single digit temps for a week now. It's getting really old !
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

$453??!!!! that's almost my total mortgage. here in the desert.

Where I'm sitting in long sleeves and cold hands and long underwear because I'm saving money by not using the central gas heat. I haven't turned it on all winter, but I have kept a water pot on the stove -- which also gives me some humidity in this 5% humidity environment. Still, not to have been forced to turn on the heat at all is pretty awesome, I guess!
0 Likes

That is a ton of money...about 3 months for us. Yikes!

My turn to bitch. I spent over 6 hours on one friggin letter and I PAINTED THE WRONG THEME!!! There is a difference between "tractor" and "farm". UGH!!!! Now I have a 12" letter "O" for sale and have start over. :(
0 Likes
ClosetGothic
Community Curator

Oh bugger, PoshDots. Wouldn't that make you spit. Anyone here got a grandchild or child whose name starts with O?
0 Likes

can you turn it into a picture frame?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm really bitchy! My old, comfortable, reliable, house-shoe feeling and sweet digital camera will no longer lock onto my tripod! She's completely worn out!

I have a new camera folks! It's like new Birkenstocks. Can anyone relate? I've been looking at the teeny-weeny new camera for a week and haven't even been able to touch it. It's new. It's not second nature comfortable. It doesn't even have a view finder, I MUST use the digital window! I'm old school, I LIKE looking through a lens!

Whew, I feel better ~ want me to take your picture :-)
0 Likes

I might have a grandchild with that letter....I don't know yet -- don't think they've decided on names. He/she isn't due to come into the world till August. I have an "A" grandchild. But I know -- know, know, know I can't enter Posh's shop till more sales come in! Her stuff is just too dangerously cute.....and tractors and farms..... oh dear.
I'm in trouble.
0 Likes

$453.......oh dear. Ummmm....I understand. Mine is more than that...per month. Not tooooo much more -- but still more.
0 Likes

GoTo says:
This migration makes me tired, like I don't want to participate. I'm pretty sure that says alllloooot.
---

Me too.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I spent all morning taking pictures and making listings for things in my second shop. I thought I had everything perfect and finished, and then just as I was about to hit the list button at the very end of my last listin, I looked at the picture and realized that instead of the word "dream", (on a bookmark ribbon in beads, for a little girl), I had put the word "ream".
Close call.
0 Likes

Ohhhh....I can relate Creme. Eventually....it'll be broken in too.
0 Likes

LOL Savage. Close call yes.....
....but there are a lot of people right now who could & would *play* on such a Freudian slip :D
0 Likes
Celticcatphotos
Conversation Maker

Oh, dear, Savage!

I was at the printers one day picking up my photos for cards and noticed I didn't put the apostrophe in so the print was useless!

Had to do it all over again!
0 Likes
miascloset
Conversation Maker

I once spelled maintenance wrong on a shirt. Had to do the whole thing over.

I have a grand nephew who's name is Owen! Posh, convo me!
0 Likes

miascloset...you have mail!
0 Likes

YAY Posh!!!! (((HUGS))) to Mia!!
0 Likes

Yeah, for the first 4 to 6 months here (don't know exactly), I spelled the word 'handcrafted" on my Etsy banner with 'hancrafted' - in LARGE bold letters. Everyone on FB wishing me well etc and no one said a thing. Ugh.
0 Likes

I'm serious about the mouse! i have been an apartment dweller for the most part. this is the first time I've had to deal with this. it keeps setting off the mouse traps, but not getting caught. it chews holes in the bottom of the dog food bag, when i pick up the bag dog food spills everywhere. i hear it rummaging at night. the dog tries to get but she's too big and clumsy. we live in the mountains, and it's the forest. we get bears, raccoons, woodpeckers and evidently mice. it gets cold they come in to your cozy home. it's driving me bananas! I'm very close to drawing out plans for a contraption, on a giant chalkboard!
0 Likes
ClosetGothic
Community Curator

artinspired - I knows all about miserable meeces.

True - we lived in a cottage beside the sea but with fields all around and the mice were regular visitors, they can drive you nuts.

We used a plastic tunnel trap baited with peanut butter (which they love) and would catch one every day in Autumn.

Try peanut butter in your SNAP! traps.
0 Likes
ClosetGothic
Community Curator

Roof rats are worse :/
0 Likes

I've tried peanut butter, nougat from a snickers bar, bread, and i even used peanut butter with a cheerio on top. I'm trying to catch Jerry, i swear! the little sh*t sets off the traps and then eats the bait! steam is shooting out of my ears! everyone says to get a cat, but we have a dog and i don't want to expand my family.
0 Likes

i hate those meeces to pieces!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.