Former_Member
I have looked to see if anyone has addressed this and it doesn't seem so.
I am really curious what the veterans here think about buying showcases and how it has impacted sales?
I tend to purchase a fair amount of spots and can't quite correlate sales to the showcase.
Also wonder what you think the best days are, if any.
Input, feedback and advice welcome!
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: SHOWCASES

I have spent more than my fair share of money on Showcase spots-and though in the old format it used to bring an increase in traffic-if not sales-the new format seems to me to be less than useless. The last showcase spot I purchased a few weeks in advance before they changed the layout-and by the time my scheduled day had arrived the layout had changed and even with me looking for my jewelry-I could hardly find it-it was completely buried. Needless to say I haven't spent anymore money on that...in my opinion it's way too pricey for what little exposure you get. But hey at least I'm not bitter about it! ;)LOL
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
VeganSudzShop
Registered Buyer

oky doky then, seems like i've been wasting a big giant amount of my time.
i did a test to see if i could actually bring a listing up closer in pages if i edited it. no deals. i went in about 10 hours ago, checked which page something was one, then made a small change to it...... still on page 13 this morning.
i have to find again what i read before on this, it was part of the info when you first start your business here on etsy. but i do swear it said it would take a while to show up. was i dreaming? what the grrr... oh well, i guess it gave me something interesting to do during my day job anyhow.
i'll keep checking on it today and let ya know if i ever make it up past page frickin 13. probably only when everyone in front of me sell all their stuff!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I did consider buying a spot on a showcase but the problem I felt was that one has to actively GO to the showcase and look, but the question is: why would someone go there purposely when one can search by a specific item (as a buyer this is what I do) or look at the etsy front page for inspiration?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I've done maybe 3 now and again no sales just some extra views and the odd heart.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I've done two showcases and had trouble finding my item and didn't receive any more views, hearts or anything. I could have relisted the item over and over and still not spent the same amount of money but I would have gotten more exposure.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks! for posting that Question, BV... I was wondering if I should be getting the showcase spots and gauging from the response, I am glad I didn't set out to buy yet.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Just did this for the first time last week, I chose a Thursday because I figured most people at work would be slacking off that day :)

I got a few hearts, but that was it. Seems like the showcases are a good source of cash inflow for Etsy and not equally good for us. :-/

As someone mentioned earlier, why would anyone go looking through a showcase when they can narrow their search via other means?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Wow I'm glad I read this one. Everytime I've tried to purchase a showcase there were zero available. Since it seemed like the popular thing to do I figured it must generate a lot of sales. I finally just purchased my first one for March 11th (before reading this). We'll see how it goes! Appreciate all the showcase feedback you've all left.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I only wasted money with showcases
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Completely agree, it is a big waste. I just purchased a slot on yesterdays Paper Goods & did not generate any purchases out of it. This is only my second time & probably my last.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

well I don't know how to gauge things...I had a vintage Showcase spot for today and the feuatured item sold...that is a first for me...I wonder though if the categories make a difference as well...I llike to just look at what other sellers have to offer and have been known to buy on a whim based on what I can see...
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

What do you mean by "relisting" your items each day? Just curious what that does.

thanks,

Lesley
0 Likes
ArtsDelight
Inspiration Seeker

My first showcase I bought was under collage. That was last week. I did seem to get more views. I then bought two showcases under Art. The Art showcases are sold out fast, so I too thought it was worth it. We'll see. My showcase dates are for March 16th and 23rd.
0 Likes
ArtsDelight
Inspiration Seeker

TheFabricVineyard - relisting is explained on top of page two of this thread.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Showcases DO NOT work. Period.
0 Likes

Studio11charms, What do you mean by relisting everyday? How do you do that, and what is the cost? I never heard anyone talk about that before! I'm confused.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

OK, so a couple more questions...I have slowed down on purchasing Showcases but I admit I do like to look at them. When I am jsut searching around on ETSY I will peruse (usually just the vintage) the showcases. Do other people do this AND have you made any impulse buys from this?
I have been trying the re-listing, not sure how to piece it all togther. I had four sales over the weekend...which I think may be more to being part of a TEAM, the networking, the Treasurys, etc....but I just don't know for sure...
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.