Shipping

Hi All, I'm hoping to get a little help with my shipping details. I see that most people have calculate shipping in their shop so that when someone looks at your shipping policies it calculates it for them. How can I set this up? Are you printing shipping labels on Etsy? Everyone's shipping seems to be way less than mine, but I'm only charging what the post office generally charges me. I have a small business account at the post office but there must be some other trick to this or everyone else is loosing money on the shipping. Any advice?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Shipping

The calculated shipping is only for the US sellers sadly! would be soo nice to have it for us too!!
I try to use as small of packaging as possible and shorter boxes rather than taller for some reason I find that cuts the rates down. I use the etsy labels as well they say they are discounted but I don't notice a huge amount of difference but it's convenient to just print the labels at home. At first I was losing money on shipping too but once you get consistent packaging you'll probably find that you can easily determine shipping rates and mark your shipping accordingly. Don't lose money on shipping, I'm finding most people are ok with paying for shipping rates as there really isn't much of a choice as sellers or buyers when it comes to shipping.
I don't know if that helped lol good luck!
0 Likes

Re: Shipping

Thanks Meghan, that does help. I see some other people selling collars are listing shipping fees way less than mine, but I think they must be able to fit theirs into an oversized envelope - so less than 2 cm thick. I can't really do this with most of my things. But I'm happy to know I'm not completely missing the boat on this one!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.