Coupon codes and featured listings - prose and cons?

Has anyone had a successful coupon codes campaign? What advice would you give for effective use of coupons. I have also just discovered the featured item section and currently have some items showing at a reduced price.

I would like to hear peoples experiences and advice in this area.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Coupon codes and featured listings - prose and cons?

Great question Paul, I'm considering a coupon campaign at the moment too but am not sure if its going to be good for me or not.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Paul, very good question, in-fact so many of us needs to get better advice on that. I have just started working on that, saying so, I created my very 1st coupon code, but no use as of yet, with the hope that it might eventually work, am keeping it. I will keep experimenting further. So for now I am on study mode on coupon codes and it's proper use:))...

Not successful though, still like to share one handy link, which might work for you, so just have a look.
https://www.etsy.com/teams/7718/questions/discuss/12193317/

What I think is, you have to decide how you want to go for coupon codes n it's promotion depending on your shop, like product type, who are your target customers, how to approach new customers, how many items you have, how much they cost in total, lowest price, highest price. You have to figure out all of your costs, and run a cost/benefit analysis of selling at a lower price, either through a sale or a coupon.

If you discover something please share.
0 Likes

Thank you Pipsous for the link. I did experiment with giving a coupon code to my Facebook page. It was a timed code back in June for just 2 weeks. No one took up the offer at that time but I am going to give it another go soon. I now have my Etsy facebook page although I need to promote that too.

https://www.facebook.com/PaulWoodsArt2b

I will also give a code to my previous buyers.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm a buyer and I just recently had a seller message me (due to the fact that the seller and I had previously communicated about a specific household item that I was interested in purchasing, the seller knew I wanted to make a purchase but I was hesitant because I'm on a budget to redo my new apt). A couple of days ago the seller sent me a convo and advised me that she was currently offering a coupon code, that bit of savings made all the difference and I was able to purchase the items from her shop (quantity: 14)...the moral of the story is, it's great to send the coupon code to customers who have purchased from you before, but you may also want to think about sending it to those that may have inquired about an item/sent you a convo and may not have been able to purchase the item at that point of time (maybe the bit of savings from the coupon will be the nudge they need to complete the sale)...just sharing my experience...
0 Likes

Thank you Jane for sharing that. I am still working on getting my etsy facebook page page working for me and I plan to offer a coupon code when I do. I have also sent a coupon code to previous buyers and most have responded with a lovely thank you.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I love that idea jana, it's good to get the coupon codes out there especially to customers who have shown an interest or inquired about a product. I usually tweet my codes, as well as promoting on deviant art, mlparena and anywhere else i showcase my work....
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey everyone! From now on, all questions should be put in the "Have Questions? Ask Here!" thread. Thanks!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.