TillysCozyHooks
Inspiration Seeker

Shipping!

Hi everyone! Just in the process of setting up and getting organized and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on calculating shipping costs? I plan to get a kitchen scale and hopefully use Canada Post online to estimate my shipping. Any information is helpful as I am totally new to this! Thanks in advance
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies
PinkSkullCA
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Shipping!

I do that, too.
Small packet US is always $8.36, but beyond that, use the template.
I bulk order my packaging and envelopes, so most stuff goes in the same size package, which makes things way easier!
I've found amazon is cheapest for envelopes, etc, and use aliexpress for little boxes
0 Likes

I sell vintage items of all sizes and shapes. So my boxes are all various sizes. I work at a library and have an endless supply of sturdy boxes and I use those for my shipping. If you do this, be sure to state it in your shipping policies. Because they are all sizes and shapes, calculating shipping for items of different sizes and weights is certainly a challenge. Be prepared to take slight losses on some and make slight gains on others and hope at the end of the day that it works out. I weight my items with a box of approx the right size on a scale, use Canada Post 'Find a Rate' and calculate to a Postal Code for Gander, NFL. I create shipping profiles beginning with $15.00 in increments of $5.00, and based on the size and weight, attach the closest shipping profile rate to the item. I hope this helps.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I appreciate the tips on here as well. I find it frustrating that you have to have the buyers exact address to know how much shipping to charge. At first I was just putting a 'blanket' amount under shipping bc I didn't know what to charge and I think that is maybe part of why ppl weren't buying my items.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi there, first time seller here. I'm super confused about how all this shipping business works. Just trying to post my first item, & wondering what is the best way to fill out the shipping options area, specifically the "fixed shipping costs" section. My items are all different shapes & sizes, mostly larger than shoebox size. Is the shipping price I put into the form what my customer will be charged or do I calculate that once they buy?
Thanks for you time & patience with a technological illiterate ;)
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.