Team Planning, Information, Chat..and Daily Goodies

Hi Team, Welcome to our new Home as the Etsy Teams Fellowship Society! New Members will be joining us all week and we'll start this train's wheels rolling on Monday July 7th.

Our first order of business will be promoting our leaders and creating our team structure and backbone !

Happy 4th of July Holiday!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
116 Replies

Re: Team Planning, Information, Chat..and Daily Goodies

In case you missed it, check out Etsy's first TV commercial:

www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y14/m07/i02/s03

The cool thing is that you can add a link to your own shop at the end. It's easy as can be.

Here's mine:

Be sure to check out the ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keIfe1yzpBo
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks Marc, what a great article, good reading and its a first for UK

Etsy selected the UK market for its first ever TV ad, and in a clever marketing move, it's letting sellers tag the video with their shop details and share it online. The ad, which can be viewed on YouTube, features over 60 Etsy merchants.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Sellers who wish to tag their information on to the end of the Etsy video can visit PeopleMakeEtsy.com, and their shop details will be added to the last 10 seconds. Etsy is encouraging users to share the videos using the hashtag #peoplemakeetsy.

Thanks again Marc for the heads up on this .....
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Jen - I'll be checking back in over the weekend. I'm streamlining a few things to make a little time to work with this awesome team!

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Very cool Marc. Yours looked great. I just created one too. Fun!
0 Likes

Wow that's some great new advertising thank you Marc! So easy to add your store too. Welcome it is Good to see you all and have a safe fun holiday weekend!
0 Likes

Have a good weekend everyone! =)
0 Likes

Good Morning! WE ARE OFFICIALLY STARTING OUR ADVENTURE TODAY!

I'm so excited to get this ball rolling with all of you.
You are all amazing people and if you've been invited here your work on your teams has been acknowledged and is respected... and we congratulate you! Everyone raise your right hand.. place it on your left shoulder and pat three times Good Job EVERYONE!

I would like to Introduce you to your FIRST LEADERS of the FABULOUS SOCIETY WE HAVE CREATED.

First on the Roster is Mary Beth from retromonkeys
Welcome Mary Beth!
She will be the Head of our Newsletter Department
(this is going to be a amazing resource where we will not only provide educational how to team posts, but we will also be reposting from the blogs you already do and networking in a family way.) She will be your editor who will decide with me what will be re-posted

Next we have Kim of vintagepaige or - DR. Kim... ok.. well maybe she's not a medical professional, or a real PHD, but she's been on Etsy quite a good while and with her knowledge and experience will be the Head of our Teams Education Department
(I found by being a fellow that we all have done some dynamic work with our teams, and that many people can benefit from our personal experience.. We will make how to's for how we do all of our social media, about campaigns to assist sellers, step by steps to learn different ways to promote, help and get your members more sales... these will all be posted here in our group and the most important of them will be used in our blog!)
*All our fellowship team members will be part of this department as crucial contributors, any information you have to share is always welcome)

Also on our Roster of Greatness is Norma from TrueColorsBotique who will be always available through this thread for ANY QUESTIONS NEEDS Help GUIDANCE, CHAT, and to help guide and research throughout our adventures. I'm calling her our DEN MOTHER.. like a serority or pack of wolves..lol this is our GO-TO woman for ANSWERS! There are no dumb questions here! Anything you want to know.. just ask... we are an open forward thinking visionary group of people and are open to help with all of your needs.

Last but not least me, Jen -team captain :)
Consider this like team like a sailing sea ship and I'm the captain- I will be available at all times to assist and guide the leaders of the team.
I personally will be starting to work on our -ETSY TEAMS FELLOWSHIP SOCIETY TEAM MONTHLY CALENDAR and NETWORKING - I plan so arrange a web page where all of our teams will be represented with information about who we are, what we're about, and provide a go to place for all of the links to our team's services... and to see what you should be teaching your team or giving them a heads up on happenings wize

We will be introducing you to team games for promotional in team fun, we will also be providing Fellowship Games... which will allow us to take what we do on our teams,, bring the links here, network, share and gain likes for what you do. Etsy Teams in general has separated the zillions of interests of Etsians all over the world, and we will bring them back together in a unity of support.

Through this team We will accept the members from future fellowship programs, who will be invited by Kim when they win new fellowships in the future to learn and teach just as we do... sharing information is a crucial part of learning, growing, and success.
- if you are a visionary who would like to help run this team like these women have, let us know

We are going to be the guiding light to the Etsy teams who have won fellowships to assist in building the knowledge and support systems needed to run TEAMS on Etsy. As teams are a reflection of the Captains style of how they run their society and Interests and Passions of thousands of People, there is no one right way to run a team, BUT, we stand to support one another by sharing of our knowlegde, information and techniques to exist as well as Providing an all in one place where we can refer to MONTHLY for a calendar of events to share with our teams to keep us up to date, and in the loop of crucial information that needs to be shared with our teams members. There are so many great happenings that get missed just because we don't find out about them or we find out too late. I just got a message from our ETSY TEAMS ADMINISTRATION LEADER Kim Grassie Konen- and she loves our team, says she's excited to come join us when she gets back from her mid west vacation. Thank you Kim! You and the etsy admin who has been here for us over the years give us the tools and pride to be the guides we have become.

Not only is a team a place to meet like minded people, but it's a community that should be built on mutual respect, with the goal to help one another succeed.

TEAM:

Definition

A group of people with a full set of complementary skills required to complete a task, job, or project.
Team members (1) operate with a high degree of interdependence, (2) share authority and responsibility for self-management, (3) are accountable for the collective performance, and (4) work toward a common goal and shared rewards(s). A team becomes more than just a collection of people when a strong sense of mutual commitment creates synergy, thus generating performance greater than the sum of the performance of its individual members.

Read more: http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/team.html#ixzz36n1Yk8n0

GREETINGS EVERYONE>> HOW ARE YOU TODAY?..

WELCOME!

FEEL FREE TO SPEAK YOUR needs wants wishes and desires and any time in the game you may post your wishes to learn certain things and we will organize together and teach about it!

Welcome to ETSY TEAMS FELLOWSHIP SOCIETY!

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Yay! I am so excited to be a part of this team! Thank you Jen for this wonderful introduction!
0 Likes

I'm excited! Thank you so much for organizing this for all of us and for those yet to come join us!
0 Likes

Hi Dr Kim our Vintage loving angel.. your intro was brief for the amazing things you will do, I'm excited for everyone to get to know you better!

and Hi Gwen! I'm happy to, really! I look forward to your being here.. I love your red converse all stars!, I used to have a pair in black .. and high tops back in the day.. :)

Shout this out to me all...
What makes you feel good about selling on Etsy?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

So glad to be part of this group. I'm ready to roll up my sleeves and get to work!

I like selling on Etsy - because - the sense of community and ethics.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

What a great line up of leadership - amazing. Thank you all for the time and talent you are sharing. I am looking forward to this.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Oh sorry Jen I introduced my self on the other thread! I didn't want to be redundant!

I am super excited to be a part of this leadership team of fun amazing and talented people. I have been selling on etsy for 4 and a half years now. I collect and sell vintage Jewelry and smalls. I LOVE hunting for things. I have a passion for great craftsmanship, and would rather have something vintage than new most of the time.

I have a background in art and also make some jewelry from time to time. I love to garden, read and I am a yogi.

I will be helping educate our team to help us all grow personally and professionally. I love finding new ideas to share and hope all of you do too! I will be looking for interesting articles, and information to find to bring back to our respective teams so that we can become stronger more vibrant leaders!

I hope you will come to me with many ideas!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Any thoughts on the Avi for the team? What is on the agenda for arriving on something striking to represent what the team is about.....

Would you like to brainstorm on ideas as to what we should be looking for.
Norma
0 Likes

Team Avi - something that represents sharing knowledge.

Quotes:

"Share your knowledge.
It’s a way to achieve immortality."

Buddha, Dalai Lama

"If you have knowledge,
let others light their candles in it."

Margaret Fuller
0 Likes

Norma YES!... and Margaret- I think your spot on target!

I have some image ideas already but I will sleep on this tonight and you dream to and if you all have ideas we'll put it together. I have photoshop and can put graphics that are super custom up for us....
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jen, that is great news you can do all that...I have always had a hard time at graphics.....maybe I can learn from you, how to add the words I might need in a further image that I might be using.

Gosh, I have to still have to add my information about Me yet.... slip my mind...I will get right to it...sometime today, sorry
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

oh yes, here is an quote I have already mentioned to Jen at an earlier time
Coming together is a beginning
Keeping together is progress
Working together is a success
Author~ Henry Ford
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Great Quote Norma!
Text can be added in Photoshop. I love my Photoshop!

I also have quoted Stephen Covey and the 7 Habits book to my team in my newsletter. I'm not a 7 Habits hardcore follower but learned a lot when I read it years ago.

Habit #1 Be Proactive! Take control of what you can. What you can't control - leave it. It will sap your energy worrying about it.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Have You bought the Buzzing Communities book yet? I cant put it down. I have it downloaded on my kindle.....and joined that site we had chatted about with Kim, Feverbee.com love it...
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I found this on Feverbee, and wanted to know if anyone has feedback on this article?

How To Start A Online Community

Too often, we treat communities as a homogeneous, single-minded, group of individuals all looking to satisfy the same motivations at the same time.

This isn't the case. Communities are complex organisms comprising of eclectic groups of people with varying levels of interest in the topic, different personality types, and means of participating within that topic. The goal of the community professional is to ensure each is as actively engaged in the community as they can possibly be.

If we can segment members effectively, we can develop specific messages solely to engage each individual group.

Most community professionals send the same messages to every member. This is a mistake. The majority of members receive messages that don't appeal to them and ignore all communications from the community (This may be a cause of participation inequality; we're only catering to the needs of a tiny group of members.)

I was tossing this back and forth.....
0 Likes

Norma - I have Buzzing Communities on both my Kindle and IPad. It is a very interesting book. I liked the list of questions they had about how to measure the sense of community.

Also, the participation rate of members in small vs large communities was very relevant to what I see on our large team vs our small team. Much higher rate of participation on the smaller team.

0 Likes

I benefitted from one team member who I rarely see in either team chat, promotions or other threads. I posted a call for Help for dating an item that I had very little experience with and could find no other like item in any online search.

This team member could not find one like it either, but she knew enough about vintage patterns that she was able to estimate the date to within a year and her reasons for why she dated it as such was a mini tutorial for me.

Another member who knows a lot about vintage fashion confirmed that estimate.

This is one of the reasons I feel the so-called "lurkers" are a valuable asset to any team and should never be under-appreciated.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.