Innovatora
Inspiration Seeker

Who is your Favorite Dollmaker?

Hello everyone!

Does anyone have a famous/non-famous dollmaker they look up to or go to for inspiration?

I have several books that I love to look through every once in a while because they give me ideas. One of them is Crafting Cloth Dolls by Miriam Christensen Gourley. The book has many collections of featured dollmakers who create all different characters, including a intricate whimsical characters to maids doing laundry in the garden.

I also use that book to reference or look up techniques of which I have not used or still have problems with. I find her pictures and descriptions are easy to follow, not to mention inspiring!

Who do you look to for inspiration or help when you are building your dolls? Do you get helpful advice from them?

Enjoy your day!
Monique
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: Who is your Favorite Dollmaker?

Sounds like a great book! I'll have to look into it!!

My favorite dollmakers so far are Patti Medaris Culea and Jan Horrox. I get a lot of inspiration from them.

Thanks for this post! It's a great idea!

--Janette
The Garden Swing
0 Likes

My Faves are: Marina Bychkova Enchanted Doll, Virginie ropars, Nicole West Nicole West Fantasy Art, Marmite Sue and Wendy Froud but I'm also inspired by the drawings of Zoe Lacchei and Olivia, People like Dita von Teese Geishas, drag queens Celebrities the list goes on and on and on.....
0 Likes
LaBellaDoll
Inspiration Seeker

I love the work of Robert McKinley, he is the best! Also Suzanna Oroyan, Marina Bytchkova, Charles Batte, Julienne Martinez, the Greagers, Mark Dennis, EJ Taylor, and so many more...
Jack Johnson has some very helpful techniques, and Marlaine Verhelst (both of whom I took classes with)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Lisa Lichtenfels (probably spelled that wrong) leaves me speechless. Robert McKinley did incredible work. Arley Berryhill is wonderful. Suzanna Oroyan. Paul Crees and Peter Coe. Ann Clemens. Becky Holloway. There's so many!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.