Printing Lables - tiny trouble - had to save and go to Acrobat

Hi. I have arranged for a customer to buy via DC so I can learn the process and the hiccups. So far (having just returned from a year abroad and catching up) - I'm coming into this where I guess many kinks have been ironed out but there are more to go. So far I see how things are working. I was able to process the order for the label and it came up in my browser (firefox) but it would not let me print. I tried to do a print preview but the preview came up blank. I saved the file. Then opened it up on acrobat reader and printed fine which is what Etsy explains you can do. At least there was a work around and it's not hard with one order. Anyway I was wondering if others were having problems with the printing direct from the browser and which ones you were using. Maybe I need to see if I can try for a future sale in a different browser or have to do some tweaking on my end? THANKS
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: Printing Lables - tiny trouble - had to save and go to Acrobat

HAR I can even spell "labels" right...
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi slice,

Welcome to the DC team! I'm glad that you were able to print this from your Acrobat reader.

To avoid future trouble, you might consider using Google Chrome. This browser has a built-in PDF reader which will allow you print directly from your browser (allowing you to avoid the "save and reopen" step).

Also, you might be interested in joining our Shipping Improvements team for more information!

https://www.etsy.com/teams/10727/shipping-improvements?group_id=10727&group_slug=shipping-improvemen...
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm new to this team and I was just reading what slice said.

Yesterday I sold some earrings and the customer paid with DC. I couldn't figure out how to print a label, so printed it at Paypal. Is there a way to do it in DC?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Colleen!

We're actually slowly rolling out shipping labels to sellers that accept direct checkout. I don't have a timeframe for when these will be widely available just yet, but we hope this will be soon!

Let me know if you have any questions, and welcome!
0 Likes

Colleen - Join shipping improvements team and the print shipping label button will be made for you to see. THEN you will run into the issue I wrote about.

Evelyn - thanks for your input about Chrome - however - as someone who worked for a major financial services firm developing web applications for financial advisors we would never 'presume' the advisor would use one type of browser. We internally would test and make sure a feature we promoted worked appropriately with all major browsers. Firefox *IS* one of those. I hope your developers can do a better job at figuring it out. If I went to Chrome that only alleviates you and the developers from actually doing the work needed on your end to 'simplify' my experience. "Client Experience" is what we strove for at my company - I'm expecting that from you too as a 'client facing' application that is growing by leaps and bounds with buyers and sellers. Sorry to be a bit harsh but you need to be thinking at a higher level on "Client Experience" - that would be me too!! I'm flexible about things now as you are trying to work things out but that only goes so far.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.