Former_Member
Not applicable

Paying your Etsy bill.

I love DC now that I have the process down. As far as I'm concerned the less accts I have to access the better. The one thing I would like to be able to do is pay my Esty bill from my DC acct. I have plenty of money available why can't I. Hopefully Etsy allows this soon. As of now that issue maybe be the only reason I deactivate DC. Also if I missed something and it is possible, please explain to me how to do it someone. Thanks
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies

Re: Paying your Etsy bill.

I have the same question. It would be great to be able to take care of the fees while it is still in the shop payment account...or to shop on etsy with it too! Hopefully they will adapt it for this soon!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I would like that those features,too. Paying Etsy bill or purchasing items from stores on Etsy.

I haven't had any buyers use dc yet. I will keep it as another option for buyers
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Agreed, if they are holding the funds anyway, it would be a nice feature.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I agree...I love using the DC my sales have increased but it also seems like I am having to pay my Etsy Bill more often because I hit the $100 limit. At least when using PayPal you could request the money after you purchase the shipping label so there was no "out of pocket" expense before your paid for the item you just shipped. I have upfront costs for each order which I try to have on hand but sometimes I run out of supplies. I get excited when someone pays by PayPal because I have there debt card and I can use it EVERYWHERE!!!! Maybe if my Etsy Bill was able to be paid with funds in my DC Acct that would make it better???
0 Likes

Here's what I do - it's probably odd, but works for me.
After every sale, I deposit the money into my business BANK account. I always leave a ZERO balance in Paypal. I like it clean, like that. I use only my biz bank acct for everything Etsy.

So, when I pay my Etsy bill, I do it from Paypal which is ZERO, but my Paypal takes it directly out of my biz bank account. I therefore only have one set of books to keep. I list everything in one check register.

It works for me. . .
0 Likes

I'm new to DC as I was out of the country for a year and just turned on my shop again. A customer wanted to buy a soap so I asked her if she would oblige me (with an incentive) to try the DC checkout instead of paypal. It seems that I think many kinks have been ironed out since it started - I'm getting the benefit of some of that but lots of not well through through things. Like what you mentioned. I "thought" I would see the deduction of my "Etsy Bank" (being liberal here) of the shipping label but KNOW they are actually 'charging' me in their billing instead of a straight deduction out of the proceeds from the sale. Who ever helped them set this up was not an accountant!! And why don't they learn a bit from the "paypaly experience" . It has it's quirks too but Hello ETSY - Income - expenses (fee + shipping) = balance. So I agree too this could be SO MUCH SMOOTHER
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey bridalbender,

That's a great idea! This is definitely on our radar -- I think it would make paying your bill all the smoother.

Thanks for bringing this up!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.