I noticed my sales that used direct checkout are not linking up with Outright. Only sales using Paypal is showing on Outright.
Is there anything I need to do to have the DC sales show up there?

Re: Outright and Direct checkout?

I just found this thread over on Outright which has some great information:

http://help.outright.com/entries/21303041-integrate-etsy-com-direct-checkout

The one thing to consider is that if you add them manually now you will have duplicates later.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
PWOriginals
Conversation Maker

Bumping this up, too! I don't have my bank account linked to Outright, so I'm manually entering DC information at this point. I reconcile my books at least once a quarter so really can't wait months (as indicated in the Outright thread) for the implementation to auto add DC transactions. It's a pain, and will be more so to remove duplicates in the future, but I need Outright information up to date at all times!
0 Likes

I'm going to try and keep my records off of outright for now to avoid having to undo and redo when they get synced. I'd be willing to pay to have it done sooner!
0 Likes

for now I'm just linking the buz account I have just for etsy deposits. if they ever get it synched I can just delete that account or hide it.

will have to figure out a way to show fees and shipping collected separately though. bummer :(
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have been putting off having to manually input all my direct checkout sales because I didn't want to have duplicates once they synced everything, plus it is a total pain in the a. But since quarter 2 taxes are due in less than 2 weeks I contacted Outright about it.

Here is their response......

Hi Cynthia,

Etsy has only recently released Direct Checkout, and only to a small number of users. Both Outright and Etsy are currently working to get us up and running on this new system, but it's still a bit far in the future to be sure of when we'll be able to support it.

Until we can update Outright to support Direct Checkout, you have two options: enter the sales manually, or link your business' bank account and count the sales when Etsy deposits your Direct Checkout funds into your bank.

Entering manually can be time-consuming, but it does mean that you have your transactions listed on the day they occurred, and for the right amounts. If you link your bank account, Outright will automatically import all the transactions for that account including your direct check out transactions once Etsy deposits your Direct Checkout funds. You will want to recategorize the transaction to sales once it is imported.

The Etsy Direct Check Out integration will most likely be forward facing meaning that only transactions actions occurring after it is linked will show up.

Keep an eye on the following post in the Feature Requests forum for updates, but we'll be sure to create a new post when Direct Checkout goes live on Outright.

http://help.outright.com/entries/21303041-integrate-etsy-com-direct-checkout

Jon
Outright Customer Care

It looks likely that once DC is synced, it will only integrate sales/info from that point on, not past sales. Most of my incoming sales are done through DC now since etsy has it as the default payment method. I'm glad buyers have that choice now, but hate not having everything sync smoothly like it did before. My records are all out of whack!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I've been doing it all manually. Very time consuming, but I guess we'll just have to wait! Would be great if there were an alternative to outright, then. um, accountsy?
0 Likes

It looks likely that once DC is synced, it will only integrate sales/info from that point on, not past sales. Most of my incoming sales are done through DC now since etsy has it as the default payment method. I'm glad buyers have that choice now, but hate not having everything sync smoothly like it did before. My records are all out of whack!

Where do you see that it will only sync from that point on? That would be bad for me as I've been waiting for the integration to occur and I thought I read that it's better to wait if you can so you don't get duplicates.

Etsy Admin -- any update from your end on this? Thanks.
0 Likes
PWOriginals
Conversation Maker

Outright at one point said that, if we've been entering DC data manually, they'd help us with the duplication problem once they get on board with the integration - all we had to do was contact them.

I've been entering manually - 2nd quarter taxes are due, so needed all the info in one place. It's a royal pain.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I input all my transactions to Outright and by the sound of this chat session I am better off to keep doing it that way:) Good luck to those of you who are having problems - I am sure in time Etsy & Outright will find better ways to help you!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Fern,

In Outright's response they stated the following......

"The Etsy Direct Check Out integration will most likely be forward facing meaning that only transactions actions occurring after it is linked will show up."

I ended up manually inputing everything for my Q2 taxes. It was a total pain.
0 Likes

Ouch. Ugh. That's terrible.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

What is Outright? Thanks.
0 Likes

Bumping this yet again, in hopes of a progress report. Between Etsy not being integrated and Outright not producing the reports I need, accounting has turned into a real pain!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.