Outright and Direct checkout?

I noticed my sales that used direct checkout are not linking up with Outright. Only sales using Paypal is showing on Outright.
Is there anything I need to do to have the DC sales show up there?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
37 Replies

Re: Outright and Direct checkout?

Maybe I figured it out?? Do the DC sales register on Outright once they're shipped?
0 Likes

I don't know I have never used outright . I'm trying to help you bump this one up Molly. Hopefully someone will chime in on this.
0 Likes

I'm bumping this up as I am curious as to progress on Outright integration? Quarterly taxes are coming up and I am going to have to manually input my DC sales. Just thought I'd check before I start typing!
0 Likes
kayskrafts
Community Curator

I am curious too.
0 Likes
kayskrafts
Community Curator

I checked my sales and the DC sales showed up in Outright after I shipped. The ones that haven't shipped aren't there.
0 Likes

Maybe it has to do with deposits showing up in the checking account you have linked with DC--that's how it gets pulled into Outright? Which is why I don't see the transactions, I have Outright linked to one checking account, DC to another?

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

So... my husband and I share a bank account... If I link it to my outright a lot of wrong info will start to flow... do I need a separate account to make outright work for me? I used to just use my paypal as my business account and didn't have to worry about our checking...
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I noticed this problem too. I emailed their support and they didn't really have an answer. Here is what they said:

"I understand your concern, and I'm sorry these numbers aren't showing up. However, Etsy Direct Checkout is a new process that Etsy made available (and to just a limited number of users) after we set up our integration with them, so we're not sure how it's going to work with Outright. A potential workaround would be to download these transactions, then upload them to Outright in CSV format. If this is something you'll want or need to do, this article should be helpful: http://help.outright.com/entries/489670-how-do-i-import-a-csv-file. I apologize for not being able to fix it at this point, or to tell you how."

So, basically, they weren't much help. Has anyone else figured out a solution?
0 Likes

Any update on this? My accounting skills are slim to none which is why I like Outright but not if I have to go in a separate out sales from fees from shipping. YUCK
0 Likes

My solution to this is to enter on Mondays the total amount Etsy transfered to our checking acount. I enter it as 1 transaction I titled Etsy Direct Checkout. Not the best solution as all the sales for the week are batched together but much easier than trying to download then upload a CSV file that needs fidgeting with to get to work correctly.

I use Paypal and Paypal debit cart for all purchases and they show up just fine as do paypal sales.

0 Likes

They don't show up because your etsy account only shows bill activity. So to get around this; I have linked the bank account the money goes to; and the deposits are counted as etsy sales. You'll just have to figure out shipping costs at the end of the month and deduct it in a manual line item. Ditto to fees.
0 Likes

Brandi from PuurBody says
They don't show up because your etsy account only shows bill activity. So to get around this; I have linked the bank account the money goes to; and the deposits are counted as etsy sales. You'll just have to figure out shipping costs at the end of the month and deduct it in a manual line item. Ditto to fees.
________

yea, I don't want to do that. I will have to, of course. Here's hoping they get this synched up soon.
0 Likes

My Outright and bank accounts have been linked since Day 1. I just dont' want to have to parce out the shipping and etsy fees. I want them to do it. I'm sure it's close to happening. I believe!!!
0 Likes

This is quickly becoming a major concern to me. I am already swamped and confused about having to figure out how much shipping I paid for which deposits. Maybe we should contact Outright again? Or etsy, do you have an answer for us? Thanks
0 Likes

OK, so can someone tell me how to easily figure out what the shipping costs are for the etsy deposits that show up in Outright? If I download a CSV I'm getting PayPal sales as well and I don't need PayPal sales. I can delete them from the excel spreadsheet but that seems tedious and I'll bet someone here knows a better way.

This is making me wish I had just stuck with weekly deposits I have been sending stuff over more frequently) because the more deposits, the more confusing. :(
0 Likes

Can you just download the CSV for your shop payment account? I was just going to do it monthly.
0 Likes

Yes you can but if you accept PayPal too, it's all in there and then you have to figure out who's PayPal and who's Etsy and it's crazy. I was hoping etsy and Outright would be synching soon.
0 Likes

I *think* (but I'm not positive) that you can just download the transactions on your shop payment account page. So it wouldn't have paypal transactions, just credit card transactions. I'll see if I can do it.
0 Likes

I don't have my bank account linked to Outright and don't want to either so I have been inputting my DC sales and shipping fees myself. It doesn't take that long and worth it for now, hopefully in the near future Outright will pick up our DC sales.
0 Likes

Brandi from PuurBody says
I *think* (but I'm not positive) that you can just download the transactions on your shop payment account page. So it wouldn't have paypal transactions, just credit card transactions. I'll see if I can do it.
________

all I see is the usual CSV download but not with DC only. Let me know if you found it. :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I use a small local bank that is not able to link with Outright - so this interests me as well.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

i joined direct checkout recently.as i tried to register the small bank deposit it did not let me.Why??? there is a 0.
0. i just put the o5 and 03 in it told me i was wrong,please help thanks.
0 Likes

Hey Ho -- thought I'd give this a boost to see if admin weighs in and gives us an update.
0 Likes

I just manually enter them into outright, 1 at a time.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.