I just made my first direct checkout sale...questions

I set up direct checkout for my shop yesterday and made my first sale using this payment method, today.

Etsy says I cannot make any deposits until April 27th. I am still waiting to confirm my account with the two small deposits Etsy sends me.

So, what's next? I wait until April 27th and then what? Deposit the money into my bank account or does Etsy do this? I'm confused. :(
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
12 Replies

Re: I just made my first direct checkout sale...questions

Etsy does it automatically for you - I think on Mondays.
0 Likes

I'm wondering now if this is worth it. I like getting two e-mails at once, notifying me that a sale has been made and that the money has been deposited into my Pay Pal account.

I also like knowing that the money is there *before* I ship. If I turned DC off, where would the money go then?
0 Likes

(I guess I didn't really know how I would feel about DC until I made my first sale with it).
0 Likes

well, now you can turn it off in your shop, i guess, and wait until that initial period is up and decide if you want to turn it on again.

if you go to your shop payment account you'll see dates for when your money is available, and then when it is the button lights up and you can schedule an earlier deposit. if you don't do that, etsy will deposit your money in your account automatically on the next monday after the funds become available.
0 Likes

There's a bit of a waiting game at the beginning, which is a tad frustrating. But overall, it seems like it is worth it to hang on. Most of my sales are with direct checkout these days.
0 Likes

I set mine up on sunday night and have had 3 direct check out sales. I like it, it just give customers another option when making a purchase and after abit of waiting you get a payment every Monday.
0 Likes

When I sell at a show or in my studio and take a credit card, the money takes 3 - 4 days to hit my bank.. When I take a paypal sale, the money take 3 - 4 days to hit my bank.

I sell on one site that collects the money for the sale (amazon) and I get a settlement every two weeks and that takes 3 - 5 days to hit my account.

I sometimes need access to the money quicker for postage, but mostly try to keep enough in my stamps.com account to cover what I may need..

there are times during the year when it is a bit tougher ( for me, it is March-April, part of May-June) and I try to prepare for that.. but then life, weather, politics or natural disasters happen.. always something. (this year it was a tornado hitting my daughter's house, and my husband having to get flown to a medical center for an emergency pacemaker)..

the upside is that when sales patterns get established, the settlements are like little pay checks - and help me manage my money a little better.

but that is just me.
0 Likes

Is there some way that etsy can fix it so the wait period doesn't start over if there's a mistake with a routing number? I signed up on Monday I think and just got a message today that there was a problem with the routing number and
after resubmitting it the date for available deposit got moved back.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi I too am a little confused. I just signed up 2 days ago for DC and today I got my first DC sale. I know I have to wait for awhile to receive payment but I was wondering how to print up postage for this buyer. It was easy on PayPal to do this. Need to ship today if anyone can help as soon as possible I'd really appreciate it.
0 Likes

you probably saw the other threads about shipping through paypal in this team, but if not here is the link to how to use paypal to ship a single item:

www.paypal.com/shipnow
0 Likes

From what I can tell, this is how it should work. A person purchases from you using a CC. You are notified that a purchase was made. Once you ship the item, you go to your sales and mark the item shipped. If you don't mark it shipped you will not get the money till you do. The money will be "available" 3 days from the purchase date. If you do nothing Etsy will issue the money directly to your account on the following Monday. Otherwise once the 3 days are over you can click to "Schedule Earlier Deposit" When you do that the money should go in almost right away. Haven't done that part yet, since I just had two sales yesterday. So we will see. But once you mark it paid, it shows up under Shop Payment Account at the bottom and it will shows the fees deducted and the net amount that will be sent to your bank account. Hope that helps anyone who has questions. If anything works differently than one I've stated. I'll come back and correct. But I think that's pretty much how it works.
0 Likes

All this info is so very helpful! I just had my first sale with the buyer using a credit card. And so I immediately came to this thread for support, and feel so confident about the use of this method of payment. Thank you to all on this team.
Hilltoptimes
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.