A Love Letter

I have had Direct Checkout for about a month and a half now, and I have absolutely no complaints! It is awesome!! It's cheaper than PayPal, and it's so convenient to keep everything on one website especially now that I can print ship labels through Etsy. Most of my sales are through DC now, and I am actually disappointed when I get a sale through PayPal.

I had a ton of sales this week, and I didn't want to wait until Monday to get my money, but it was no problem. I just hit "schedule earlier deposit," and I have made a deposit everyday this week with no problem.

Thank you so much!!!
Jess
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
22 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: A Love Letter

What? We can now print shipping labels through Etsy? When did that happen and where is this gem hidden?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

That was encouraging! Thank you for sharing your success with DC! I hope to be able to say the same thing :)
0 Likes

I would also love to know how to print shipping labels through Etsy!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Yes it is working for me too, I plan on keeping it because customers use it more than PP so they must like it and we are all about making our customers happy. Oh and I am very happy we can do shipping via etsy too, gotta say it felt kind of funny when I printed the first one and instead of paypal it says etsy on the label :o)
0 Likes

What did I miss? I can print shipping labels through Etsy? I've been going to paypal . I too have had increased sales since implementing DC. I have had only one pp sale. So far, so good. :-)
0 Likes

join the shipping improvements team and you will see a button to print labels on each sold order.

can't do international yet, but it is so convenient.

the cost is added to our etsy bill
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you Lauren!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

does it have confirmation like paypal? and is it cheaper like paypal?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I just joined the shipping improvements team. Thanks for the info
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Annette from what I could tell from reading some of the info in the Shipping Improvements team the commercial rate is not yet available, Etsy's assigns you a shipping budget but doesn't tell you what the budget is. When you exceed your budget you are required to pay your Etsy bill (all charges not just shipping charges) before you can print any more shipping labels.

If I have misread something I hope someone comes along to correct me.

I think I'll pass on this one until the rates are the same as paypal and the fees for postage are deducted from your shop payment account instead of being added to your bill. So far it doesn't seem like an improvement to me.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey nora
when i ship from post office I pay $1.95, when i ship from paypal I pay $1.64, with confirmation included. So my question is how much does etsy charge for package under 3 ounces?

0 Likes

I also just joined the shipping improvements team. Will see who is better or cheaper when it comes to Shipping labels. Paypal or Etsy! Etsy says still working out the flaws. Time will tell. Glad changes are happening.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Annette from info I read in the shipping improvements team, I think you will pay the higher rate when printing labels through Etsy. Here's a link to the thread in the shipping improvements team where I've been getting my information:

http://www.etsy.com/teams/10727/shipping-improvements/discuss/10554733/page/14
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

THanks nora. I appreciate the info. Personally .30 cents does add up, and that's why I started using paypal. I will give it a try though.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

You're welcome. I might try it once to see how it goes. But I'm not really liking what I'm reading so far.
0 Likes

I had NO idea there was shipping in the works!! I joined right away! I am so excited!!
0 Likes

Thanks Lauren. I'll do that!!
0 Likes

Whether Paypal or Direct Checkout has lower fees is dependent on the cost of the order. For most items, they'll be very close to the same.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Laura we were talking about the difference in the postage cost, Etsy shipping vs. Paypal shipping, not the processing fees. Is that what you are referring to?
0 Likes

I am loving direct checkout. It has increased my sales! And I love how the $$ goes to my own account. It has really become a saving tool for me! I know my customers appreciate the option of this as well!
0 Likes

I love the Direct Checkout option. I have been using it for about two weeks and have had no problems so far. I think I've actually had more customers with this option.
I still like PayPal as well, especially for shipping - it is all there (payment & shipping).
The shipping option was what was missing for me through Etsy until I read about the "shipping improvements" team - which I joined. Now that I've used the shipping through Etsy and I am loving it, too!
It is wonderful to have payment and shipping in Etsy - and the fun part is - the shipping label reads "Etsy"!
It would be cool if our shop name was under our return address - hint, hint.
Thanks so much for these improvements!
0 Likes

I love DC, and I see my sales increasing thru it.

However, I would like to have the option to include insurance when purchasing shipping label (perhaps there is a discussion about it, I need to look...)

Other than that, it is so convenient, and really, giving more options to buyers opens up new doors.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.