Former_Member
Not applicable

New here! How do you get your items seen?

Hello! I'm new to the group and my shop is new. I of course didn't expect to have instant sells, but what is discouraging is how few views I get. How do you get your items seen?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: New here! How do you get your items seen?

Hi Holly. I just stopped by your shop and favourited an item. You're on the right track by joining teams. It's been hard work leading people into my shop also. I'm kind of lax at times but you really have to keep on top of social media. Do you have a blog? Facebook page? Pinterest? Flickr? etc. - all of these can connect you to buyers. It looks like you've just opened so don't be discouraged - "they" will come!
1 Like
SewCraftyBags2
Inspiration Seeker

I thought I would get at least 1 click/view a day. I make tote/market bags similar to others but at a lower price. Maybe mine are too simply made, but they are very durable.

I got so discouraged I deleted what I had listed. Nobody wants to spend $10 or $12 dollars on a tote bag.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Love!! I favorite an item in both your shops!!
1 Like
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Carswell! I have a blog, but it's pretty new so I don't have a following yet. I have a Facebook and Pintrest, but I haven't put my shop out there on those yet. I'm kind of nervous showing it to people I know. I need tojust get over it and do it. I've never done anything on Flickr - I will check it out. Thanks!

Thanks to both of you for checking out my shop!
0 Likes

You have some good stuff but the best advice for you would be to list more! The more listings you have the more people will find you through search. You could also try search ads for a week or 2, just to get your name out there.
1 Like
SwiejkoForPrint
Inspiration Seeker

You could also check tags people use for similar items, and use them in your shop. Check those who sell a lot ;) It was really helpful for me. Make some treasures... and stock your shop! It's most important.
1 Like

What everyone suggested is great. I would also like to add being consistent with your online marketing.
Everyday, 5 days a week, I will list a new item on etsy, than post it on facebook, pinterest, twitter and blog. A few times a week I will promote the new items in my etsy teams. Every 2 weeks I send out a newsletter announcing new items, shows, etc... Get into a marketing routine that works for your schedule.
I also do a lot of art shows and conventions that really helps with promotion. Facebook ads also really helped me out as well.
1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.