Former_Member
Not applicable

Let's Revive our Team!

Other the holidays and new year, I got lost in the craziness and haven't been very active on our team. Also, I sometimes am short on ideas of what topic/activity/etc. to introduce next to encourage participation in the team.
I'd love to revive our team and get active again!
If you do to, send a shout out and any ideas you have!

Thanks everyone,
Blossom
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: Let's Revive our Team!

I'm interested in other people's opinions. I usually do simple patterns, usually a quote with some kind of border. But now I'm looking at creating some very photo-realistic patterns.

I can vary the number of colors on the import, and I usually go in and find the colors with under 10 stitches and substitute with colors that are close and have more stitches.

What do you think is a reasonable number of colors to use on a final pattern? i.e. how many colors are too many?

How many stitches in a particular color are "enough" to include that color?

What do you consider "confetti stitches"? Single stitches are obvious enough, but where do you draw the line?

I have a couple of great flower photos that I've tried converting multiple times, but these are the questions that keep hanging me up!
0 Likes

Hi ! I am Sukanya Mukherjee from Bengaluru India, Please visit my showroom www.etsy.com/shop/Crossstitchfurnish/ and facebook page www.facebook.com/crossstitchfurnish/ and make your favourite / choice / purchase.
Enjoy !!
0 Likes

Hello! I've just joined the team.

I got back into Etsy this year after a few years break. Etsy has made selling patterns so much easier than it used to be! I'm just starting to restock my shop. I have a few patterns from before, but am trying to create new ones. I'm just getting my feet under me and am learning what my style is and what is popular in cross-stitch today. I've been stitching for about 30 years, and always created patterns for myself that I couldn't find elsewhere. Now I have to focus more on what other people might like.

I'd be interested in hearing from the expert sellers, what to avoid, what works, what doesn't, and general tips.

Thanks!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Why not have discussion posts on colour, theme, seasonal or play the alphabet game, differences game, similarities game to get more people posting.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.