Highlighted
VegSweets
Community Member

christmas sales

kinda new to etsy and was wondering sales pick up around christmas time?

0 Likes
10 Replies
southernmadecandle
Community Member

Re: christmas sales

You should be in full Christmas mode by now.

Heather

0 Likes
apaperaffaire
Community Member

It depends; some shops pick up around Christmas and Hanukkah, and others don't. 

0 Likes
EpiclesisConsulting
Community Member

Well, one thing I can guarantee:

If you don't list some items, you won't sell any, no matter what season it is.

Focus on that, and time will tell what kind of holiday season your shop has. I wish you and all of us a good one!

Trish O'Connor
Owner, Epiclesis Consulting LLC

2 Likes
Wallifyer
Community Member

Every shop is different as we sell different things. I usually have slow October and November and then things take off at the beginning of November. I sell supplies to create Holiday stuff so that makes sense. :-) If you have a new shop you have to follow your business for some time to notice how your biz changes throughout the year. 

0 Likes
secondarycreations
Community Member

It depends on the shop and what it sells. In my niche, spring is a bigger time for gift giving, so I tend to see more of an increase then than I do before Christmas. 

0 Likes
boygirlboygirldesign
Community Member

Christmas has never been busy for us for some reason. I remember our first Christmas here. We were so excited and hoped to be busy . We were not busy at all and for the 11 years that we have been here December has always been our worst month. We've had a few Christmas sales already for this year so we'll see how it goes. On the bright side...we aren't exhausted at Christmas and we can relax and enjoy the holiday season.

0 Likes
StoryBookEarrings
Community Member

I have seen a increase in sales this month.  However I had a poor review  today so I hope that doesn't slow down my sales? Usually November is my  busiest month. 

0 Likes
VintageRescueSquad
Community Member

For my shop, January and February are actually much busier than Christmas. I sell vintage, so my theory is that buyers are buying vintage for themselves as they didn't get what they want (and may have extra money).

You need to get busy listing new items; market them as stocking stuffers, secret Santa gifts, etc. 

Because listings last for 4 months, you should have things intended for holiday gifts listed NOW. Anything listed today will expire on March 13th. How many sales do you think will happen in March?

2 Likes
Wallifyer
Community Member

I have my Christmas collection listed for some time now, but I love adding small stuff between collections as well. :-) 

0 Likes
PiecesOfMePaperCraft
Community Member

You need to list items in your shop to make sales. Get going! 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.