cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corjl vs. Templett for digital invitation designers

What is the difference between the two platforms for instant download software for digital invitations? I notices some sellers were on the Templett site as user and when I looked at their shops, they have switched to Corjl. Are they the same company, or are designers happier with Corjl? 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
7 Likes
48 Replies
paperandbliss
Registered Buyer

Re: Corjl vs. Templett for digital invitation designers

Hi! I was searching for more information from sellers using either of these platforms as well!!

The only thing I know is that from a customer perceptive, Corjl can be used on an ipad, etc. while it looks like Templett is only accessible from a computer. 

I'm going to keep checking back to this though because I'd really like more information on the whole thing!

6 Likes

I'd like some info on this too. I did look at both and Corjl appeared to be much cheaper, $9.99 per month instead of $29.99, maybe that's it...

1 Like

I would love to hear from someone using Corjl. I just heard about it the other day. I've been using Templett and I'm very happy with it, but it is a little bit expensive. Templett is pretty user friendly though. Most customers find editing their templates to be pretty intuitive, so I get very few questions. I like with Templett that the customer can demo their template before purchase. I don't know if that is an option with Corjl.

3 Likes
LoyAndCoDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Hi Magnolia I started using Corjl back in January it's been pretty good so far, the customers who as used it so far as no problems with it, and yes they offer demo to your customers as well, I chose it because of the price range and it's been good so far, and they are constantly upgrading there platform.

12 Likes

I love Corjl, and customers can try before you buy!

4 Likes

Hello! I'm going to start selling using Corjl but I'm worried about the theft of designs. Have you found a way to protect your designs to prevent theft? In addition to placing "demo" that you can easily delete it with photoshop ... is there any legal way?
1 Like
IMSOMAKINGTHAT2
Inspiration Seeker

Hi - I am also interested in cutting down my work load (headaches-lol) and making it an easier process for myself and for my customers so I look forward to any input you all may have.  I have looked into Cardcanva, Templett and Corjl.  I feel that Corjl has more to offer than the other two once you compare what you can do.  My Corjl luvs are: that you can add instructions and with gifs, customer can do these edits even on their mobiles or tablets, there is a seller and a customer view so you know exactly what the customer can edit, plus, I offer proofs and this would elimate that process and save  a lot of time as they have a proof demo that the customer can edit on too.  There is a lot more felxibility with options.  My original plan was to do them over with Adobe Pro XL  as I am in the process of remaking my website over to all downloads but it's not so customer friendly, which means this is the perfect time for me to jump with one of these editing services. Corjl does seem to be more affordable and even gives a free 7 day trial. But if there is anyone that is using Corjl or any of the others and has any cons please share - especially on design stealing.  Timing is senstive.  Appreciate it.

4 Likes

Since my previous post, I decided to make the leap from Templett to Corjl. The big deciding factor for me ended up being the font membership. With Templett I was so limited with fonts that were licensed for that use. The font membership through Corjl is awesome. It's taking me a little bit longer setting up my templates, because I'm still pretty new to the app. I love all of the tutorials and the customer service is great. They get back to you right away. I'm still in the process of switching over, so that's a major pain, but I'm slowly getting there. I've had some sales with the Corjl templates and so far there have been no issues. Customers seem happy. As far as design stealing, you can lock any of the items on your template. I like that you can also freeze text boxes so customers can't move them around but can edit the text. You can limit the amount of downloads and put an expiration on the templates. Unfortunately I think if someone really wants to steal your design, they will find a way to do it.

37 Likes

0 Likes
KeepingMePosted
Inspiration Seeker

What would you recommend for multi page documents like recipe binder templates that are editable?

2 Likes
IMSOMAKINGTHAT2
Inspiration Seeker

Thanks Magnolia- that helps.  I am going to try out the trial to see before I start making over everything.  If you come across any hiccups let me know. Appreciate it and good luck with your move.  :)

1 Like

I have a quick question about Templett to Corjl. I've used both and really like Corjl. My only consern is there is no way to prevent my designs from being taken.

If a customer purhcased my deisgn, they can leave all the lines blank and download a wordless invitation templet to use and upload to their own Etsy site. I asked Corjl about this and they said there was no way to stop this. Anyone have any advice on this?

2 Likes

I have a not found a way around this. Some other Corjl users have had their designs stolen. Honestly I've been very disheartened in the past couple of weeks with the amount of people trying use my templates for multiples uses. I just love it when they ask if they can get more downloads so they can print out all of the baby shower games they made out of their invitation. Uggh.  

I have another invitation shop that doesn't sell templates, so in the meantime I've put this shop on vacation mode to think a bit more about whether or not to proceed with templates. Corjil is awesome, but it seems there's a lot of scammers lately.

4 Likes

You can lock the text so they can’t delete it all
5 Likes
NicheYork
Inspiration Seeker

corjil should definately look into it. For example if someone leaves more than x amount blank. they cannot download it

9 Likes
MomentosEvents
Inspiration Seeker

I havent tried either of the platforms, but when you sell the file directly to customer you are always taking a risk. Its riskier to send the original file to the customer. Even if its password protected. At least from what I see is that the platforms will limit the time or amount of downloads. I would suggest increase the price, for serious buyers only. I am an IT and have found it is easier to "steal work" when you send the original file to the customer. Not that I want to steal, these are just secrets of the trade. I do not condoned stealing!

5 Likes

@MagnoliaStreetDIY  Go into their design, save the template and resell it, they've creating new content for you for free! 
5 Likes

Does anyone have an opinion on which site (Templett ca Corjl) has better “elements” already included for use? Also, recommendations on where to obtain more elements for upload? I’m new to this type of design and am not sure where free downloads or reasonable priced packages should be purchased. Thanks! 

2 Likes

I am looking into this also. It seems most invitations are instant downloads on etsy right now?

1 Like
mayaandlove
Inspiration Seeker

Hi, I have a wedding stationery shop, 4 months since I opened, and sell digital downloads like PDF but customization is also included.

I was searching for some information to switch selling through platforms such as Templett or Corjl. This is a trend here on Etsy, now everyone is offering that kind of option. I need an honest opinion from sellers, have you increased sales through these platforms? I know many other factors also affect on sale... but I thought maybe people don't want to buy PDF anymore and they prefer to try before making a purchase...

3 Likes

Same here! I've been thinking of migrating my work to Corjl but like most of you, I am concerned about those who steals design. I have been a victim in the past, there was just a good samaritan who informed me about it. Ever since I started selling invitations I was the one editing each and every order but now the trend is instant downloads. I have thought of locking all the elements (graphics) and just allow the space for the name and the details be edited. I have also made a research and sellers with instant downloads are just way ahead of me. Customers wanted instants and me editing each and every order just takes too much time and I could not commit a shorter turnaround as I am also preparing items for a new shop I am about to open.

Following this topic now. Hope to hear more inputs from you! Thanks!

2 Likes

That's exactly my issue. I love making it myself but the sales are not as profitable as I want them to be

0 Likes

I think to prevent stealing, you can write "DEMO" an put on the template with your name or shop and locked it, after the customer edit, you can delete it and print. Maybe it helpful.

4 Likes

Corjl: YES!
Templett: NO, stay away!* 

I switched from Templett to Corjl in 2018 and am very happy I made the change. Previously I had been selling Adobe Reader templates. Corjl has more features, plus mobile functionality which is huge for my shop. I've had a LOT less customer issues with Corjl. Plus, Corjl has more seller protection features and control options (their support team is also very responsive as well)! 

*BEWARE of TEMPLETT: Also on a darker note, I'm sad to say it, the founder of Templett was copying my top-selling items early on and selling in his personal shop. Not exact copies but just the keywords. My best selling items appeared in his shop within a few weeks of my signing up. Other people said the same thing happened to them.

19 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.