These 6 tweaks to your Etsy listing will get you actual results

Hi all!

As we all work hard on our Etsy shops, I wanted to share some effective listing edits that I've found can make a real difference. I created a fancy image for it, but Etsy doesn't allow to insert images on here, so I will link it down below at the end, as well as the option to get these more thoroughly written out as a handy guide.

Here they are:

1. Make the first 20 characters of your title something people could make their purchase decision on or could otherwise get confused by, because it's the part of your title they see in the search results. Think of things like: is it a digital file or a framed print, is that chair handmade or vintage, is it a large pillow or a small one. The caption of my Instagram post goes into detail about how just this tweak can already rank you higher in search results (because it fixes your conversion rate):

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4pm8zpo-Jv/?igsh=MXB2YXJtYXYxeHg3NQ==

2. The first image of your listing should match the price variation shown, not a smaller item shown in another slide in your image gallery.

3. Use long-tail keywords (within the character limit, of course) that are longer and less competitive to improve your search presence. Avoid using short keywords that everyone is competing for, and focus on a small niche with more elaborate search terms instead.

4. Write descriptions that explain the direct benefits of your item to the reader, and how it will make them feel better, or improve their lives in any way, depending on what you're selling. Sound like yourself, not a big company, or even worse, an AI robot.

5. A clear cancellation and return policy to foster trust with your buyers. For EU/UK customers, a 30 day return policy is even legally necessary.

6. A picture of you (or your hands) creating your work as one of the product images, to take any worries that you might be a reseller away that could stop people from buying from you.

Check out my instagram post (with the fancy pic I made) and while you're there, you can comment the words 'etsy edits' on it to receive a short guide with steps and examples for each of these edits I mentioned:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4pm8zpo-Jv/?igsh=MXB2YXJtYXYxeHg3NQ==

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
9 Likes
4 Replies
MCWDesignsByDE
Inspiration Seeker

Re: These 6 tweaks to your Etsy listing will get you actual results

Thank you so much for sharing! I’m always open to learning and improving, I’ll be revamping my listings soon! 

1 Like

thanks for sharing your valuable insights, this would really help me a lot. 

0 Likes

Rif.: These 6 tweaks to your Etsy listing will get you actual results

Thank you

0 Likes

thank you

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.