Former_Member
Not applicable

Share your favorite arts or crafts forum

In our team, we mainly discuss selling on Etsy and getting the best results. But I'm sure there are many forums out there (outside Etsy) that are focused on the particular arts and crafts niches we are in. It's fun to talk to people with the same interest and learn some new techniques that will improve our shop's inventory.

Are you part of an interesting discussion board, forum or community around your particular art or craft? Share!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
10 Replies

Re: Share your favorite arts or crafts forum

I visit a machine embroidery forum daily, have for years! Learn a lot, have come to know these ladies as my friends. I don't mention Etsy there much, but get lots and lots of ideas and good advice. If ME is your thing, check it out!

http://forums.marthapullen.com/tt.asp?forumid=9
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I downloaded a free e-book and signed up for free news letters. The e-book gives an amazing break down and step by steps to selling Jewellery online. they also talk about SEO and ways you can use it. It is just a very easy read and gives great ways to get the best use out of Social Media and other amazing tips and ideas. The news letters give you discounts on supplies and more helpful info. I think the link is Jewelry Making Daily. I highly recommend downloading the e-book as it has been one of the best I have read and gave me a lot of answers I was struggling to find on etsy through the open forums and discussion. Before I discovered how amazing teams are! It also gave me info I never thought of before!
0 Likes

Interweave.com has a ton of ideas and free guides. There is also a package of literature on sale at interweave.com called the Jewelry Business Bundle and there is a coupon valid until Sept 19 for additional savings.

I also just signed up at workyourart.com after reading a few things that Debbie has written. The information is extremely helpful!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I get patterns for various sources. But sometimes I just start knitting or crocheting and a garment just seem to evolve.
0 Likes
DesignsByCnC
Inspiration Seeker

I really like The Handmade Forum http://thehandmadeforum.boards.net/, I get a lot of helpful advice.
0 Likes

Try Swapbot.com, if you love to trade your items. Also, if you are into making ABJD items, try Den of Angels for other BJD enthusiasts.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Perhaps a little different that you're use to seeing...woodturning forum...lots of photos:

http://www.aawforum.org/vbforum/
0 Likes

Years ago I was part of the soap dish forum, I think it is now the www.thedishforum.com
It's a great place to learn from.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.