Hacked

This evening my account was hacked and things were added to my shop. Luckily I deleted them before anyone bought anything. However, my account now shows a negative balance and the Etsy contact link is not working properly. Can anyone be of any assistance? Thanks in advance.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Reply

Re: Hacked

Hello I hope this finds you well!!!! Etsy has taken a turn for the worse!!!! Here is a comment I received from the support team about their customer service non-exsistance. I’ve had five different representatives tell me nothing that I have already done and continue to do.

Your request with Etsy Support has been updated. To add additional comments please visit or simply reply to this email, or view your other requests

Thanks, Etsy Support

Naia (Etsy)

Jul 20, 2022, 2:49 AM EDT

Hello Mitch,

Good day! This is Naia from Etsy Support. Cherrie isn't available at the moment but I'll be more than glad to pick up where you left off.

It's good to hear from you again! Thanks for getting back to us explaining more about your situation and I definitely hear where you're coming from. 

While we certainly understand situation like this can be difficult, I'm noting your feedback for our team to review. Our intentions are to support continuous growth and success for our sellers. However, we value your input and rely on this feedback to ensure we're continuously improving as a platform. In addition, you may want to consider ways to improve your titles and tags. This is something you should do regularly, even if you feel like your shop is doing well. Titles and tags are the most important factors that determine a listing's relevancy, and relevancy determines where your listing displays in search results.

If you haven't already, I recommend you check out KeyWords 101: Everything You Need to Know in the Seller Handbook. Essentially, when someone searches on Etsy, the system scans your titles and tags for matches. Imagine what buyers would search for to find your items and use those words to title and tag your items.
While optimizing your titles and tags for Etsy search, make sure you're still including words that accurately describe what you sell.
This will target buyers who are most likely to purchase your products, and it will set clear expectations around what you're selling.

You can also check our Help article Ultimate Search Guide which can give you more information.

Thank you for your patience and kind understanding. I hope this email finds you well! Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Cheers,

Naia

I’ve gotten this message many times as they all have walked around my questions. 

sorry but I’m pretty much done with them. 
warning!!! Do not attempt to call the numbers on Google for Etsy support. They are fraudulent scammers as I had the pleasure of finding out after they attempted to get my account information several times. Each time I refused to give them information about our bank account and settings they hung up. I called again and got a different person every time and they all hung up after they tried to get our vital information!!! Be Alert!! Stay safe 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.