Former_Member
Not applicable

3 easy but powerful steps for getting sales

Jump to solution
Hi there Daily Etsy Sellers!

Because I want this team to actually help you get daily results, I'm going to share with you some tactics that I usually suggest when I help somebody get their shop running and increase their sales.

They’re a set of tactics that I have filtered out of many marketing trends I tried out over the years, and always use because I know these will actually work.

S T E P _ 1 : Quickly get more traffic with Pinterest GROUP BOARDS.

Increasing engagement for your shop takes time, but a fun and easy way to speed it up a LOT and get more traffic is to get a free Pinterest account and publish your listings on "group boards”.

A group board is basically a team on Pinterest: you get to publish an image of your work to a page around a certain topic, with a link going directly to your shop or listing. Thousands of followers of these boards will then get the chance to see that image and, if they like it, click through to your shop and/or share it to their own boards, with even more followers.

I still get traffic and sales from something that I pinned on a group board three years ago, because somebody on a group board decided to casually like my image and quickly made it snowball into thousands of shares by their followers, and their followers, and their followers…

To get into a group board, you usually need to find relevant ones in Pinterest search and ask an existing member to give you access to it. But because Pinterest doesn’t allow you to message someone who isn’t following you, a HUGE advantage is to have a pro Pinterest user with a lot of group boards invite you to them *all at once*.

Go to this link to check out a service that will actually invite you to 10 big Pinterest group boards that are all about Etsy & small businesses for just $5: http://bit.ly/2hJtuzt

This tip will save you many weeks of hard work. After you’ve been invited to these boards, pin your listings to them once in a while and let it do its magic.

S T E P _ 2 : Boost your sales with this automated system

This is insanely powerful. I will even say that for every day that you haven’t set this up, you’re missing out on sales, because you can’t catch up afterwards.

I actually wrote a separate blog post about it, because I wanted to include some screenshots of how you can connect your Etsy shop to this system, but Etsy doesn’t allow me to insert images in this message.

Fun fact: I also included a screenshot of my own stats and how this tip works for my Etsy shop:
http://bit.ly/2gDUy70

S T E P _ 3 : Gain some valuable insights right here on Etsy

The beautiful thing about Etsy is the fact that sellers and buyers come together on one platform, and they all share activities with each other.

A buyer can like an item from a shop, and a seller can see this activity in a buyer’s profile.

This is pure gold. In the ecommerce world outside Etsy, it’s not that easy to understand what your ideal audience is liking and what you should essentially be offering them, and in what way. Companies carefully protect this data, because it’s too valuable for them to share with their competitors.

The best 30 minutes you could be spending today is to explore Etsy and its users and identify who your ideal customer is:

Is there a big shop with similar products getting a lot of engagement? See who the users are that are interacting with similar listings to yours and click-through to their profile.

What are they liking? What are the prices for the things they’re liking? How are the photos taken? And most of all: how do you compare?

If this person were to visit your shop, would you have something that would match their current favorites and interest them or is your offer completely off?

[ IMPORTANT: do NOT message these people. At all. Ever. It is against Etsy’s policies and is also just really annoying. It it spam. Don’t send coupons, offers, quick hellos or other ways to get in front of them. Just observe. ]

We can sometimes be so busy with our own shop that we forget to have a look around and see how we compare to what is already out there, and how we can improve to become a logical choice for buyers.

That's all for now! If you have some great tips to share with us, don't hesitate to start a thread and share your tactics for getting sales with the rest of the team. Enjoy!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: 3 easy but powerful steps for getting sales

Jump to solution
Faisal: I get that. You can also hunt for these boards yourself and go at it a steady pace by trying to get in touch with the group board owners. That's how patient people would do it. ;)

Here is one of my Etsy listings that went viral as a result of posting to a group board and has been shared by over 3.400 Pinterest users right now: https://nl.pinterest.com/pin/411164640963447819/activity/

As with everything the results you get will vary based on the effort you put in to it and the offer you're promoting. Tip 3 could actually be put in front of all the other tips because if you have an offer that nobody is actually interested in, having it go viral will not do much magic for you. You *need* to know who your market is, what they are looking for and whether what you have for them is a great find or not. Period.

For me, Pinterest is number 4 in my shop stats referrals. Number one is Etsy.com, number two is the Etsy app, number three is direct traffic (i.e. they have no idea where that person came from) and number 4 is Pinterest.

Here's some more info on Pinterest group boards if you'd like to know more about it: https://turbofuture.com/internet/The-Basics-of-Using-Pinterest-Group-Boards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
20 Replies

Jump to solution
Great info. Thanks👍😊
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Thanks for sharing this :)
0 Likes

Jump to solution
very helpful tips! thanks Debbie.
I'm sure they will help my Paisley Power sales.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Good tips. Thanks for sharing.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Thank you for the helpful tips! But the link http://bit.ly/2hJtuzt doesn't seem to work for me.

Question: how do I "see who the users are and click thru to their profile? "Is there a big shop with similar products getting a lot of engagement? See who the users are that are interacting with similar listings to yours and click-through to their profile.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi Joye! That link is made shorter so perhaps that's why it doesn't work, this is what it should lead to: https://www.fiverr.com/shopsy/invite-you-to-10-group-boards-to-post-your-shop-items-to

About the market research: on any shop or listing you can see who exactly favorited it. For a listing, you can click on 'favorited by: (number) people' right under 'overview', which is right under the price of the item. For a shop you can click on "(number) admirers" in the bottom left under the section menu of a shop.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Thank you so much for sharing.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Thank you for sharing. I'm starting to implement your suggestions!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Has anyone tried the above link for pinterest?
0 Likes
ShellyClayspot
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
Thank you for sharing all this valuable information.
0 Likes
paradiseponds
Registered Buyer

Jump to solution
I'm just a bit of a skeptic and it seems too good to be true re: the 10 group boards thing. Anyone have a testimony?
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Thanks for sharing.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Faisal: I get that. You can also hunt for these boards yourself and go at it a steady pace by trying to get in touch with the group board owners. That's how patient people would do it. ;)

Here is one of my Etsy listings that went viral as a result of posting to a group board and has been shared by over 3.400 Pinterest users right now: https://nl.pinterest.com/pin/411164640963447819/activity/

As with everything the results you get will vary based on the effort you put in to it and the offer you're promoting. Tip 3 could actually be put in front of all the other tips because if you have an offer that nobody is actually interested in, having it go viral will not do much magic for you. You *need* to know who your market is, what they are looking for and whether what you have for them is a great find or not. Period.

For me, Pinterest is number 4 in my shop stats referrals. Number one is Etsy.com, number two is the Etsy app, number three is direct traffic (i.e. they have no idea where that person came from) and number 4 is Pinterest.

Here's some more info on Pinterest group boards if you'd like to know more about it: https://turbofuture.com/internet/The-Basics-of-Using-Pinterest-Group-Boards
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Thank you for taking the time to write all of this out for us. I signed up on fiverr immediately because I don't have the patience to do all of that work. Totally worth it for me!

Again, thanks.
0 Likes
paradiseponds
Registered Buyer

Jump to solution
Thank you SO much, I think that I will take the impatient approach haha.

I appreciate this very much, I'll do my readings and try out the fiver!
0 Likes
HelloAm
Post Crafter

Jump to solution
Hi Debbie

Thank you for sharing these valuable insights.
For Aweber, I've signed up, but do they not automatically export all your past buyers email list?

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Unfortunately they don't Amelia, which is why I always urge people to start with this as early as possible. A workaround could be to copy the email addresses to Aweber manually and have their system automatically send out the confirmation message to ask them for permission (they will always do this when you manually import a list). If your customers accept by clicking the link in the confirmation email, they will be added to your list.

Here's a tutorial on how to import emails: https://help.aweber.com/hc/en-us/articles/204028626-How-Do-I-Import-A-List-Of-Subscribers-
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Thanks for the information!

0 Likes

Jump to solution
Thank you. I have already started implementing this. Seems like great advice. :)

I have two shops on Etsy. I like to think that my VGInvites shop was where I made all my mistakes in marketing. Then I took what I have learned from VG Invites and implemented it into DIYInvitationDivas. From what I have learned in the past 3 years, what you are saying seems very relevant and a good plan to follow.
1 Like
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Because this is a popular topic that is pinned to the top of the discussion threads, I'm going to close it to prevent unrelated messages from creeping up in this thread over time and keep the focus positive and geared towards the growth of your shop. Please use the appropriate topics to promote your listings and use the opening message as inspiration for your marketing. Please also note that the owners of the websites mentioned are responsible for its content and that any private messages sent to me about it should be directed to the webmasters of those links instead. Thanks guys :)
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.