HOW TO PLAY:
1. COPY the name of the shop above you
2. Next, right click on the search engine name GOOGLE.COM and choose
"open link in incognito window OR private window" depending on what browser you are using.
3. Next, PASTE the shop name that you copied into the GOOGLE.COM search bar and hit enter to begin the search.
4. VERY IMPORTANT: Once you locate the shop in GOOGLE.COM search, right click on the shop and open it into a NEW incognito/private window.
YOU WILL NOW HAVE
==THE SEARCH ENGINE PAGE OPEN
==AND THE SHOP IN A NEW WINDOW
5. Once all 12 tabs have finished download, please wait 30 seconds, then you can close everything including the search engine tab.
RESULT: Once someone has done your shop, check in your stats and you should see a view from GOOGLE.COM
Do not put your shop name followed by .com - Instead leave a space and put your shop name followed by Etsy.
EXAMPLE HOW TO POST:
done for ***shopname***
NorthwestVintageUSA Etsy shop
Again, if you have any questions on how to play this very important game, please contact me. Etsy wants to see that your shop generates traffic outside of Etsy and from other search engines.
done for silkraft
RusticPrairieCottage on Etsy
Someone please check to see if I did this correctly. New to this game and not certain I am doing it correctly. Please send me a message if it's not done correctly. I want to learn and make certain I'm doing it right for the shop above me. Thank you!
Hi Rustic, thank you for inquiring how to play the game correctly. If done properly, these incognito views are incredilbly valuable. They really help boost your visibily in the various search engines. For me it helps to have a new window open in incognito/private browsing mode by going to "file>open new private/incognito window". Then search the shop above you, find their shop and view their items. Make sure you're not logging into Etsy while viewing, this way it looks as a random internet search rather then a view from within Etsy.