This is now a huge team and as such, we should all be benefiting from being part of it.

I work tirelessly to promote our members via the website http://craftori.com but more than half of you are not registered there. YOU ARE MISSING OUT!!! The site has been set up for your use, it is free and we have much traffic which is increasing daily. If you put 'craftori' into Google, you'll see for yourself how much promotion is done. It is an obligation of being on this team to register so please go and do this if you haven't already. It will benefit you.

Secondly, the forum here on Etsy should bring us all some views and favorites. However, many, many, many of you are simply posting and running. PLEASE READ THE RULES as it clearly states NOT to post and run. Self-promotion does not help anyone, including yourself so do please behave like a team member.

Although there is no obligation on this team to curate treasuries, I had hoped that everyone would consider the benefit of curating treasuries for their team. However, the only thread that is busy is the general Treasuries thread. This is now full of people posting Treasuries for their other teams! Barely anyone leaves comments for other people's treasuries. I tested it myself recently and one of the TEAM treasuries only got 3 comments despite having sent out messages & posting it in the team threasuries thread.

I am not paid to run this team, I do it for free and like you, I have a busy life too. I like running this team, don't get me wrong, but it is not fair to use this Team to promote another Team and not do anything for the Craftori Team.

For those of you not yet registered, please go and register on http://craftori.com. Please also start to take part on the forum as a team member.

I will now be doing random checks and members who use the team for self-promotion only will be removed without further notice. I want to create an effective team for everyone as otherwise there is absolutely no point in being here at all.

Re: URGENT NOTICE

So glad I checked in on this thread! I had read earlier but hadn't looked back since. I didn't realize about the 12 items.... and when I posted something yesterday I saw that I only had 8 items listed -- gotta get to work on that!

Question -- I remember reading something about this, but is there a time limit for items posted on the site? I know some of my items are no longer listed but I don't recall the particulars. Thanks!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
EurekaGuides
Inspiration Seeker

@Elissa, Thanks for the kind words. We don't actually focus too much on Treasuries on this team because we focus on promotion outside of Etsy but members do like doing them. I'm glad it got some views. I hope you enjoy your time with us and we can achieve some sales for you. :-)
0 Likes
LaBelleGifts
Inspiration Seeker

Hi Eureka, I don't spend too much time on them myself, just was pleased by the nice response. It looks like this team has lots of interesting threads to browse through as well!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Ok - I'm new to Etsy and new to this team. So far, I gather that I need to register with Craftori and upload at least 12 items. I have never made a treasury and don't know where to start....should it be of only team items? Help!
0 Likes
LaBelleGifts
Inspiration Seeker

Here is a great etsy link on how to make treasuries:

https://www.etsy.com/help/article/82

Also there are several treasury threads on this team specific to either all team members or a treasury of your own choosing. But as Eureka says above, treasuries are basically for fun, and outside promotion is encouraged, such as the Craftori site :)
0 Likes

Hi everybody!
I had registered on Craftori some time ago and never posted. Today I took some time to go through all the teams I belong to and found out that my subscription to craftori was still there.... crying . moreover after seeing the captain URGENT NOTICE I decided to post three items . I must admit it was natural to me to post some of the most representative of my Etsy shop . I thought that if Craftory is a shop window , it must show the best.
Then I read all this thread 19 pages ( GULP) and found out very useful answers to my question , that is about the possibility to edit posts . No possible . Then I found out that posts last only 4 months and then are deleted , so I set on my mail calendar a reminder to renovate them after 4 months . One cannot keep everythin in mind!
Thank you to the captains for the great job they are doing
Dora
0 Likes
EurekaGuides
Inspiration Seeker

@Elissa, thanks, that's exactly right.

@Dora, we cannot permit edits because we would be inundated with spammers unfortunately. What they did was upload correctly, then go back a day or so later and edit it to add spam. It is impossible for us to check each item each and every day. It is important for our shoppers and to get traffic that the site stays looking great.

4 months is the length of time your listings last on Etsy too. We may have to reduce this as the site gets busier but we're not at that point yet. We don't want the site to get too populated as otherwise your items will be buried again as they are on Etsy.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Ok! I got my 12+ items posted on Craftori.... What do I do next?
0 Likes

Hello! Have just joined after receiving an invitation (thank-you) & registered. New to Etsy & this team...just wondering how often it is required that I post in the forum or comment on others posts as I don't want to find myself in trouble lol :-0

Sarah x
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I tried to register but received the message that my email was already in use. I do not remember registering. If I did I don't know my long in info. I wonder if my email is left over from the last site.
0 Likes
EurekaGuides
Inspiration Seeker

@Janice, we did not incorporate Etsylush details to the new site. If your email is in use, this means you have registered in the past. You could simply request a new password. :-)
0 Likes
EurekaGuides
Inspiration Seeker

@Sarah, there is no obligation as such, we just hope that people will participate and not just be here to self-promote only. :-)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Finally got my 10 posted! Didn't realize until today that was a requirement!
0 Likes
EurekaGuides
Inspiration Seeker

@Libby, it is not a requirement, we recommend 12 because we do not drive traffic to author pages with less than that. It would not be interesting for people to land on a page with little content.
0 Likes
EurekaGuides
Inspiration Seeker

Please do not use this thread to promote, thank you.
0 Likes

Hiya! seems a great team. Apologies for not doing anything with it so far. I'm always slow to start... I've tried to upload on the site, but not sure what to put under 'Website/URL of post*', tried to put link to item on etsy, doesn't work. So not sure what... What's more I misspelled my username. Any thing can be done about this?
Thanks for your help!
0 Likes

Oh, just noticed the username is not displayed publicly, so it doens't matter. I'll just have to rememebr to misspell it to log in. As for the other issue, I've put a link to my Etsy shop and that's worked! So my questions are all answered! :-)
0 Likes
EurekaGuides
Inspiration Seeker

@BlueButterflyCrafts, usernames are displayed publicly. You can change your publicly displayed name in your profile, just click on 'my profile'.

Links to items also work, just ensure that you do not have http:// in twice. You need to remove the one that is already there.
0 Likes

OK, will do that for the next items. Put 3 on so far. Thanks!
0 Likes
EurekaGuides
Inspiration Seeker

Please do not use this thread to promote, thanks.
0 Likes

I've just noticed this urgent thread and trying my best to find time to read back. I know i posted on craftori some time ago but because it was over 4 months ago , does that mean I start again. No problem if I have to , but just checking

Looking forward to getting back involved
0 Likes
EurekaGuides
Inspiration Seeker

@Fem, yes, it is not possible for us to keep items for longer than that. If items sell, then our shoppers get irritated if the links do not work or they can't find what they liked.

It also stops the categories getting too populated. We don't want your items to get buried as they are on Etsy so it's important to keep it fresh and new for our visitors but also for the Sellers.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I am registering to Crafitori now. :)
0 Likes

Thanks for all the wonderful information here! I just joined and have learned a lot even thought I have been on Etsy for some time!
0 Likes
EurekaGuides
Inspiration Seeker

Just another reminder to register on the site. There are many of you that have not. Please remember that the website is the focus of this team since we want to promote you outside of Etsy.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.