If you have any questions or pointers to give relating to the business of running your Etsy shops, please post those here.
WonderfuLinen
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Business Chat

Jump to solution
hey, guys!

i'm on etsy for a year, but i've sold only a few items. i participate in treasuries and do them my self as well. i also promote my shop in teams. but i have to admit, i'm not so active in other social media.
maybe you guys can advise me something? how do you get your business running?

this is my shop : )

https://www.etsy.com/shop/WonderfuLinen?ref=hdr_shop_menu

thanks!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I've recently had to change my shop name and change what I sell - I was selling soaps but the market just wasn't there for them - whether its because people want to smell before they buy. So i'm still on Etsy but now with my needle felted animals and paper crafts. I'm hoping I get a bit more success with them. Would appreciate any critiques I know the pictures need a lot more work :(
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Fiona,

I would add some more items. :) Your pictures seem a little dark to me. Your animals are super cute!!!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Inese,

Your items are beautiful!!! I think you will do well if you get the word out on social media. If you aren't comfortable with social media, maybe promote locally. Are there markets where you live??

Also,check your tags and wording. :)

Hope this helps. I am constantly working on my items.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Does renewing often still work?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I have heard mixed things on FB groups about renewing. I personally have never tried it.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
hi.. everything here on the gun holster ! https://www.etsy.com/shop/holstermarket?ref=hdr_shop_menu
0 Likes

Jump to solution
@Kristina yes it does, your relevancy in the Etsy SEO goes up when you renew more often, also, I am getting a lot of views, and sales from updates, using the shop update tool on Sell on Etsy
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I'm struggling to make any sales. Can someone please advise me on what I need to do to get some sales going. Thanks
0 Likes
EurekaGuides
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
@Ruchi, are things any better now?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
good morning.
With the changes on Etsy.
Do we or do we not repeat the title at the beginning of the description of your item.
We did years ago. Now I'm going through all my items.
Many thanks.
Patti
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Please DO NOT promote your items in this thread. Thank you.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
@felting4you You should not repeat your titles verbatim but you should weave in the keywords from your title into the first 160 characters of your descriptions. This helps with search engines but not with Etsy's relevancy search.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Please DO NOT promote in this thread, thank you. If members repeatedly promote in non-promotional threads, they will be removed from the team.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I have a question---I've heard that unfaving then refaving an item is actually bad for you---is that true?
0 Likes

Jump to solution
@Ruth, not, it's not 'bad' but it won't do you any good either.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Thanks Cathy!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hello,
Ihave had an Etsy shop for one year now and slowly I read and find tips to improve my views and traffic but still I am just at 300 views a month. I do have a niche market which is handmade vintage inspired hats. I also have been posting frequently on social media for the past two months. I must admit my social media following is small because I am also new to social media. Any tips on how to increase my views?
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Good morning--
I have a repeat customer who routinely asks me "can you recreate..." She does not ever actually engage in a true special order - just asks if I can or would.

Most of my pieces are very limited and unique so I am not always able to do so but sometimes I can get fairly close or even better than the original. I will make the piece and contact her through Etsy and yes, I do send her photos and tell her that she needs to let me know within 3-4 days if she is interested or I will post it with the regular sale items.

So far she has never purchased any of the pieces she inquires about and instead waits until the piece is sold to someone else and then asks for the piece to be made again or something completely different. She doesn't even communicate with me as to whether or not she likes the piece or doesn't like the piece, so I sit holding on to it for several days just wondering.

My questions: Should I encourage her to generate an order? I never want to saddle someone down to something they may not like as well as the first so I don't mind other than it is really kind of distracting when I have other pieces I might rather be focusing on and often drop that to do her special request.

She has purchased other items from me, should I just continue it the way that I am doing? I suffer no real loss because I run it up on the page anyway - but just kind of a pain.

I would love to hear wisdom and advice from others :)

Thanks!
Sharon
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Please DO NOT promote in this thread, thank you. If members repeatedly promote in non-promotional threads, they will be removed from the team.
0 Likes
knittee
Post Crafter

Jump to solution
www.etsy.com/listing/562465588/blue-knitted-set-gorgeous-knitted-outfit?ref=shop_home_active_11
www.etsy.com/listing/586809085/valentines-day-necklace-crocheted?ref=listing-shop-header-3
www.etsy.com/listing/573288122/red-color-earrings-valentines-day?ref=listing-shop-header-0
www.etsy.com/listing/573266218/valentines-day-earrings-crocheted?ref=related-1
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.