Former_Member
Not applicable

yayy My first Craft Show was yesterday!

A while back I came here asking for help and encouragement for my first show. I loved all the feedback I received from all of you, so I’m here today to tell you how it went.
The show was yesterday and it was a success! It was outside and the weather couldn't have been better! Plus I had so much fun!
I worked my butt off to have enough inventory ready and by Saturday night I realized I still needed to make a banner! I was up till 3am making one with the help of my husband. I used an old long table cloth as the background for the banner and some fabric scrap I had in purple for the letters that were “sew on” with Heat’n Bond Iron-on adhesive. Came out perfect!
The most I got from this show was confidence in my product. It made me know for sure that people are interested in what I have and that it sells. Oh boy and it sold… I came home almost empty handed!
I really didn't have great expectations, I just wanted to pay for the spot (which originally I taught it was going to be free) so I wouldn't lose money, and ended making a lot more than I ever taught I would.
So thank you all for the encouragement and tips. The day went smoothly because I was prepared and you guys helped me a lot with that.

Here is the link with pictures of my set up! Let me know what you think.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.245173935679283.1073741836.212215085641835&type=1
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
18 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: yayy My first Craft Show was yesterday!

Gorgeous, well done! The booth looks great!
0 Likes

Congratulations! Booth looks great!
0 Likes

Carla - Your booth looks great. Nobody would think you were new to art/craft shows! Congrats on getting out there.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Awesome! I'm doing one this Saturday. Wish me luck.
0 Likes
Plantcycled
Registered Buyer

Congrats! You had a very nice booth.
0 Likes

Awesome!!! So so glad to hear it. Congrats!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you ladies!! And good luck to Blissful Soaps :)
0 Likes

Congrats! It's always nice to hear a success story. :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Well, good for you. And by the way your booth is super!!! Looks professional to me. So now you know what you can make more of, what really sells, what did you bring home, and with at least one show under your belt, you can say you have experience!!

Glad that it went so well. It's always nice to hear such a success story. We all try hard to do everything right, and there are days when it all just goes south. But you just laugh it off, remember the good things, and keep on keepin' on because it's just so much fun. Congrats.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Oh it's so nice to hear a positive result, especially from a fellow jewelry seller! Good for you! :)
0 Likes
LizArti
Inspiration Seeker

Congratulations!
Your booth looks nice and your product is terrific :)
0 Likes

I'm happy that you had a successful first show and your booth does look nice and professional along with your product.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Congratulations on your 1st craft fair! What was helpful? What would you do differently next time?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you again ladies!
I stepped out of my little cloud and I'm back to work now. I applied for another show and I'm keeping my fingers crossed to be chosen as this one is curated.

DancesWithLight,
One thing that was very helpful was The List. In the team discussions there's a thread named "The ultimate craft show list", I printed it and followed it to help me stay on top of what I needed and not to forget anything. A must!!
Also someone, either here or on the forums, suggested coupons, and that's a great tool to talk about your etsy shop. For everyone who purchased something I had a 20%off coupon to give and I would mention it before I put it in the bag and they would ask questions about the shop and said they would definitely check it out.

One thing I would do different next time is the pricing. I was so tired the day before that I thought I would have time on the day of the show to price everything, and that was very stressful because there were some people at the fair early and they stopped by my booth and wanted to shop, but I didn't have the prices set up yet and being nervous, because it was my first sale, I drew a blank of how much the earrings were lol in the end I figure it out and my first costumers bought two items each. So price everything before the show is a must.
Also the banner!! Now it's done and I don't have to worry about it anymore, but I should never live something so big and important for last minute. That was a BIG mistake because it kept me up till very late when I should have been resting for the big day ahead.
Other than that it was just a fun day and I can’t wait to do it again.
0 Likes

Very nice!! So glad it went well for you!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I love your set up, it's streamlined (not cluttered) and I like the colors you used. Great job on the banner, does not look like it was done last minute! Congrats on a great show. They are addicting no matter what, but selling a lot is SUCH an incredible feeling!
0 Likes

Congratulations on doing well at your first show.
By the way your booth set up looked great.
0 Likes

My first thought was how nice and uncluttered it all looks! I constantly struggle with keeping things a bit more streamlined....Well done for getting out there. Oh dear, you've had the thrill and been bitten by the selling bug! There's no stopping you now!! :)
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.