looking for display suggestions

For the past several years I have been selling at outdoor craft fairs. My display has consisted of metal art which is mostly natural steel (dark grey) or metal art that is painted black which displayed well against the backdrop of a bright white tent and outdoor natural lighting. This year I have moved into a fixed location at a weekly farmm and craft market. I am under a roof which keeps me in the shade for most of the day. The surrounding walls are a dark red and the lighting is minimal. I am looking for suggestions to brighten up my space in order to make my mostly dark colored work stand out. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies

Re: looking for display suggestions

I'd still hang a white or light cloth behind. If you can't do that, then how about some foam core boards behind your items?

0 Likes
TigersandDragons
Conversation Maker

Also if you need to add lighting, is electrical plug in available?  If it's not, you can bring your own power source and lighting.

for power source - either a Power Station, or a Deep Cycle marine battery plus a power inverter.

for lighting - LED bulbs use the least amount of power, then fluorescent or halogen, then the most power sucking is incandescent.  If you already have incandescent or halogen lighting fixtures, it is often possible to find LED Bulbs that have been made to fit those fixtures.

0 Likes

I'm also at a craft market every week where the roof darkens the entire space.  I got some clip on lights from Ikea and hang them from the overhead section every day.  We are fortunate to electricity.  I use LED lights.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.