What do you prioritise?

Hi all,

I'm in a slightly unexpected situation and I'd really appreciate a little advice.

I had thought that I'd finished all my shows for this year, and was preparing to put all my efforts into getting more stock into my Etsy shop, and generally preparing for the holiday season.

However, I've just been invited to a show that I did last year- I had thought they weren't running it again this year, but it turns out they are. Although it was a first time event and felt risky at the time, it was by far the most successful show I've ever done, sof course I'm up for it this year!

I only have 3 metres though, while I'm used to being able to have 4 or even 5 metres. Also, the show is only a month away. So my question is, if you were in this situation, how would you prioritise your tasks and divide your time?

As I'll have less table space, should I not worry about creating any new products? I'm only worried that returning customers will be turned off if there isn't something new to offer.

How do you decide what to cut and what to display when you're in a reduced space? I simply won't be able to display everything, and it makes it trickier that last year at this show, I literally sold a bit of almost everything- there was no clear selection of 'most popular' products.

If anyone has any thoughts or advice to offer, I'd be really grateful! This is such a great surprise to be able to do this show again, but after the success of last year, I can't help pressuring myself to make sure I get great sales again!

Thanks everyone!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: What do you prioritise?

i dont have any personal experience with such a small space but in my opinion, I would have only a couple of each item on the table fro display (or even just 1) and have the rest of your stock behind the table. you can always let customers know that you have different color options if they want to look.
0 Likes

I love the crocheted silver. I would love to see you do that, it looks so delicate and pretty. I would imagine that since jewelry is usually well-represented at shows that you would do better focusing on your unique pieces. That is my guess, but I'm in a whole different category so its really a guess.
0 Likes

I'd definitely go for height on your display to maximize the space.

It's tough to give advice on stock levels, etc., because I've found that the same show can be quite different from year to year! But for holiday shows I'd say a good range of prices helps. I sell lots of "stocking stuffers" around the holidays so I try to have a lot of them available.
0 Likes
JustMeToo
Community Maker

I do one show that has a 15 x 8 booth, when I bring everything, and the rest are often just one 6 foot table! Serious adjusting :). I put gridwall right up against the back of the table to give me a back wall of display. I usually take just two or three different things. My towels cover the gridwall, and (if it's a Christmas show) my ornaments, and perhaps my wallets, or something else that sells well at shows - with more under the table to restock!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.