Websites to Post an Event Notification

Some friends and I are hosting a small event, and we want to get the word out; do you know know of any websites where we can post it? Obviously would like sites with a lot of traffic, and free is never a problem. I'm not having a lot of luck in my search; probably not using the right search terms.

The event is in So Cal, in the LA area...

Thanks!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Websites to Post an Event Notification

I can only provide input from a user standpoint. I get updates from Evensi every week relaying info on items I've indicated I'm interested in. It's great from that standpoint. I'm not 100% positive but I think it's free to list on there unless you are charging an entrance fee for the event.
There is also Eventbrite which may or may not be associated with Evensi - I can't really tell.
0 Likes

Create an event on Facebook and Etsy Local. I always get frustrated when I'm in a show and I can't find an event listing to promote on my FB page. Some of the shows I do set up a FB event and highlight a different vendor each day for a few weeks before the event. Everyone seems to share these and help spread the word to a lot of local friends.
0 Likes

I agree with creating a FB event and posting on Etsy Local. If the event is at a private home, you may need to set up the location in FourSquare before you can post it on Etsy Local, at least I've had to do that before.

Craig's List

Neighborhood newspapers

Try to get some press coverage ... local news/talk shows, both radio & TV

0 Likes

We did a FB event page, and I had posted on Etsy local, Eventbrite, Craigslist and another page now that I can't even remember. I'll take a look at Evensi.

Thanks!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

You could also check Facebook for a group page that lists events for your area.

For example, I started a group page for PA Craft Shows.

You might be able to find one for Southern California, California, or even LA.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.