BeachFleaMarket
Conversation Maker

Tiny booth display suggestions

I like a big booth, 10 x 18 is my usual. I have a huge variety of tiny items that I display on tables in muffin tins, old drawers, dishes, you get the idea.
I have a wonderful opportunity coming up for an 8 day show.
I get 1/2 of an 8 foot booth, yup one 8 foot side and a 6 foot side. It's a long story and has to do with fire dept regs. Anyway,
I'm looking for suggestions for managing back stock and vertical display. I can have a vertical grid, I just can't expand my foot print. It's indoors.
I bought a frame that clamps to the table and holds a vertical grid from Speciality Store services and I love it. Saw the link in another thread here.
Only problem is that it is hard to reach from the front of the table up you can see what's on it. I used it to hang samples of what was in boxes below it. This time I'll need to use it to hang pegs and shelves with inventory.
There will be another vendor in the other half of the booth. We are sharing the inside space as well. I know I can make this work but want to decrease the stress. There will be 2 of us during the busy times of the day. Think of it as working a tiny convention, not like CHA but that sort of set up will work.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
11 Replies
JustMeToo
Community Maker

Re: Tiny booth display suggestions

When I have a small booth, I put my gridwall at the END of the table. That way, if I'm behind the table, I can see the customers. If they are looking at something that is higher up, I can get it down for them. If I am using two gridwall, I join them with zip ties, and wrap around the back corner of the table. I hope you have a very successful show! Mine don't start until October, and I'm getting excited about them already!
0 Likes

you can't adjust the footprint, and definitely vertical is the way to go. But I'd also start higher...In that, I'd have a table riser, that gives you about 6" clearance BEFORE you start your 'retail vertical' side. That way, you can slide boxes underneath the riser and pull out as needed to restock.

I built two such risers last year, so that I could do 2 tiers and it was wonderful. I did use legs from IKEA that are metal and they were very solid. unfortunately, they don't screw off flat (there is a protruding bit) but they don't wobble or waver. Which is essential.

I also built some boxes that stack that I used for soap, but this year, will use them to just lift some items up...and do something else for soap.

I also have a lot of small items, and being able to coherently display them is challenging.

good luck.
0 Likes
BeachFleaMarket
Conversation Maker

thanks Carol and Cari, I like the idea of putting the vertical grids at the end of the table. It's hard for me to imagine the tiers that Cari is describing.
I found a free standing grid that can accomodate shelves. Ikea has small 3 shelf wheeled carts that can be wheeled under the table. I can have them dropped shipped to the event and sell them at the end (I hope).
0 Likes

I have one of the wheeled carts and I've never thought of putting them under the table. Then again, they take up a lot of space so I wouldn't carry one, anyway.

can't visualize the risers? hmmmm.

Imagine a table, long and rectangular. Pushed against the wall. Okay?

now imagine a board, about 10" wide, with legs on it, so that it forms a little table of its own. Put that on the table, Push it to the back.

now, from the front, you have a stepped/tiered table. You can display on both levels. From the back, t hough, you have a space where you can put boxes with restock items.

In this scenario the 'wall' is back of the table, where you'd be behind. I ask you to visualize the wall so that you see that the riser is to the back, and covered no more than 50% of the table top, width.

hope that helps. Using them sure has helped me.
0 Likes
BeachFleaMarket
Conversation Maker

AH, yes. I have some small ones.The can also nest inside each other for storage. I've also thought of using cupcake stands with granulated tiers.
0 Likes

mine are 3' and 4' long. And stand about 8" tall...due to the legs I got from IKEA. And aren't quite 10" wide, but close.

they form a very sturdy footing for whatever, and I place boxes/displays on the table level too, obviously, so the backs of those hide what is hiding beneath the riser.

like I said, it really works, is clean, simple and fits into the car.

0 Likes
BeachFleaMarket
Conversation Maker

I played around with the vertical side of the display on my porch last night. I plan to have 4 panels 2' x 6' in the shape of a W with the bottom of the W facing out. The other side is a table with a vertical behind and on the end. The sides of the W will cut into the 8' side too. Not sure how I will get in an out of the booth. Cashier space will be behind the display.
I can put back stock on the inside of the verticals.
The verticals will have a mix of shelves and pegs both 8" deep. Baskets under the table. This will be in an foyer of the conference rooms at a hotel. It can't be locked up at night so I'm just covering the display with fabric to close it at night. This event lasts a week.
0 Likes

good luck!
0 Likes
BeachFleaMarket
Conversation Maker

Well, I am at the event and I am amazed at the difference the vertical grid walls vs tables. I displayed much more inventory on the verticals than I could have ever done with tables. One side had items on both sides.
I should have been more thorough when trying things out on my porch. The shelves I made did not fit the brackets very well. Supports for the wall sections were 1/2" too short.
0 Likes

Anne Beach, are you covering your tiers so the boxes don't shoe, or are they part of your decor? I have fitted tablecloths and use different fabrics 《 with white space in between) to give visual "cues" about the change in March, but I'm not entirely thrilled witn the result.
0 Likes
BeachFleaMarket
Conversation Maker

I ended up with only one table with a long table cloth over it hiding the boxes of backstock. The event is in a hotel so they provide table clothes.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.