Fullofcraft
Inspiration Seeker

Team Annoucement - PLEASE READ

Hello team!

I have been absent from this team for a long time... I've had a baby, started a new business, moved several times in the recent past and want to let everyone know that I'm planning on deleting this team. 

I'm not sure at this point if I'm going to delete the entire team or if I will appoint a new Team Captain, but if you feel like you would be a good candidate, please send me a DM letting me know why you think you would be a good leader.

Lots of changes happening on Etsy as has been true throughout the 14 years that I've been here. As difficult as it is to embrace that change, we must. Otherwise we are left with outdated technology, stagnant ideas, and OLD forum posts.

xo,
Denise

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
31 Replies

Re: Team Annoucement - PLEASE READ

I'd keep the team going and put in for a new captain. Not myself, as I'm also about to make some life changes (but I won't be leaving the team/Etsy...)

but congrats on knowing your limits and putting everything in the right arrangement for you. That's very important.

0 Likes

I detest the Lithium platform, but I'd hate to see this team go away, so I hope you'll consider finding a new captain! 

It was easy, though time-consuming, to delete posts and entire discussions in the old team forums. I haven't spent much time trying to figure out how to do that here, but I think I have done it a few times (I'm Captain of 3 teams and Leader of another). 

1 Like
TigersandDragons
Conversation Maker

If anyone is interested in having this team continue, PLEASE post some support here.

I know this new forums system is difficult, but this has been a great team, filled with many helpful sellers, and I'd hate for that all to be lost, for the team to be deleted. There is a community here worth saving.

I'll throw my hat into the ring for Captain, but if others are interested, that's great, I just don't want this team to go "poof".

2 Likes

Tigers, you've posted a lot over the time I've been part of the team. I'd be perfectly fine with you as Captain (as long as you don't require matching shirts and fancy dance moves...)....

LOL

2 Likes
BlueTurtleCrafts
Conversation Maker

Hi Guys :)

I don't want this team to disappear either (though it seems that we only get spam posts lately)

I also had offered to be captain when I sent a convo to fullofcraft a while back before she came back just so it wouldn't disappear or be overrun with promos and garbage - but I'd be happy with Tigers too :)

0 Likes
BlueTurtleCrafts
Conversation Maker

@Fullofcraft 

So are we doing this or what?  Sorry if I'm being rude but it's been a month and the whole team is over run with spam and garbage.

2 Likes

Please keep the team going. The format change has been discouraging but I still find it a valuable team. The spam is beyond irrating. I don't know if you have looked at the spam profiles but they will post over a hundred times in different teams. Hopefully Etsy has been made aware.

0 Likes

I too would like to see this team continue!  It would be unfortunate to see all of the good information shared here just go away.  I would like to throw my vote for Tigers  role as captain into the mix.

0 Likes
BeachFleaMarket
Conversation Maker

I agree that this is a vital team. Great support for fair vendors. I've seen this team recommended in other threads in the forum for people looking for information about vending at fairs. Please let it continue.

0 Likes

My vote is for TigersandDragons! 

1 Like

Just adding in my vote that I would love for this team to continue, and I think TigersandDragons would make a terrific team captain.

1 Like

I emailed Etsy support for their advice on how to handle this transition. They stated that the team should decide who the new captain is. If we are unable to agree as a team then they will step in and appoint a new captain. This should be put to a vote.

0 Likes
TigersandDragons
Conversation Maker

Maybe FullofCraft will return this weekend with a decision? - I hope so

Otherwise we'd need a list of candidates for voting on.  I'm not 100% on who the 3 people were who messaged the Captain and offered to lead....but reading through the 3 active threads (New Team, Keeping this Team Open, Team announcement) I think it was Me - TigersandDragons, BlueTurtleCrafts, and maybe Coquette Bath was the 3rd? 

If it was Coquette Bath, she may be more interested in being a Leader than a Captain because of all the things she's involved in? Also Whimsy Bits offered to help out with spam.

Prairie Primitives who has a lot of captaining experience, also posted an offer to be captain, in the "New Team" thread.

Then there's if any other members have contacted PlentyofCraft since last weekend who want to be Captain?

Kate - since you are the one who contacted Etsy Admin., maybe you should be the one to confirm candidates and run the election, if we don't hear from PlentyofCraft by Monday (or a later deadline)? Or is that too much to ask of you, other members needed to help?

How to get any people to come and vote is the issue - since there's been so few that have posted.  It's hard to know how many are even just reading these threads, but aren't bothering to post.  With a membership of over 9000 in a long standing team (since 2012? possibly older), we know that most of those members joined, but aren't recently active on this team, and probably didn't post here in the past 2 years either. 

To be Transparent about my part in directing members:  A week ago, by looking through my profile I was able to dig up only few 2018 threads (SO MANY past threads have disappeared).  From that I gleaned a few "active" sellers so I contacted 17 of the sellers through ETsy shop convos. and asked them to come here, get involved, and post support if they wanted the team to continue. Some have done so, some haven't.

I could of sent more messages, but didn't want to be clocked as a "spammer", and was busy with income tax paperwork. Right now I have shows all this weekend, starting on Friday, that I'm trying to get ready for.

One way to get people to come vote is to mention them in a thred (for example @TigersandDragons), so they get a notification that they were mentioned, BUT that only works IF they come to the Lithium forums.  If they are only the Etsy platform, they won't see it.

Anyways I have to put my nose down to the grindstone, may not be back in here until after the weekend, though I'll try to check in at night if I'm not too exhausted.

1 Like

Yes, I offered to take over this team, but that would be in name only. I would rely on leaders to manage the team on a day-to-day basis. I detest Lithium (some of you know that), but this team is valuable for many sellers and I'd hate to see all the information go away. We could even clean up super-outdated posts AND the spam; I just deleted a spam post on another team where I'm a leader and it was easy to do. Removing the spammers from the team is harder since there isn't any way to search the member roster (seriously, Etsy, what were you thinking?!), but Etsy admins have told me that if I provide a list of names/members to remove, they can do that! 

I'm not sure that Etsy would appoint a new Captain as long as the current Captain still has a shop. If Ms. Fullofcraft closes her Etsy account and simply abandons this team, then we should be able to appoint a new Captain. As of now, her shop is still there, just empty. 

0 Likes
TigersandDragons
Conversation Maker

It isn't hard to find the spammers on this team, they are some of the newest members, and the members list sorts from newest member on the top, to oldest member on the bottom.

0 Likes

@TigersandDragons It didn't seem to work that way in a couple of other teams, but it's possible that I was trying too hard to figure it out. :-) 

0 Likes

I'm okay if no one else steps up, but honestly...I'll help where I can, but I'd rather not be captain.  Let me know how I can help, though.

0 Likes
BlueTurtleCrafts
Conversation Maker

Yup, I was one of those who offered to be captain or a leader or whatever :)

0 Likes

Congrats on the life changes!

I vote for not deleting the team. There is a wealth of information on the threads and it would be a shame to lose all of that knowledge. Appoint a new captain and let the team continue on, while you continue on with your new adventures.

0 Likes
TigersandDragons
Conversation Maker

So it's been 2 weeks, and we haven't heard anything back from the Captain.

FYI, currently there is no option to Create new teams.

0 Likes
TigersandDragons
Conversation Maker

There are quite a lot of problems with Teams right now, if you read this thread.

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Bugs-and-Technical-Issues/What-Is-Happening-With-Etsy-Teams/td-p/12627...

According to what some members are posting, even if FullofCraft has chosen someone, currently they cannot appoint them because many previous functions are no longer available.  

0 Likes

I think Etsy has gotten in over their head with this Lithium crap. 

#RollItBackAlreadyEtsy! 

1 Like
TigersandDragons
Conversation Maker

I wish!  The forums we had worked very well, Lithium is awful.

But Etsy doesn't care, they don't even bother fixing all the bugs in the regular Etsy site.  My currency view switches constantly, and I posted about it months ago.  Still not fixed.

1 Like

I like reading the informative posts on this team. I'm all for any of the canidates to be team Captain. The threads really do need to be cleaned up though. Keep things current. I'll keep checking back to see what is going on here. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.