Sign at show that says "Etsy Seller"?

Hello everyone!

I was thinking about having a sign at my booth with the Etsy logo that says I am an Etsy seller....I thought it might be something that would possibly bring more people into my booth.

Any thought on this? Is this even allowed by Etsy?

Thanks in advance for your time :) I always appreciate it!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
15 Replies
TigersandDragons
Conversation Maker

Re: Sign at show that says "Etsy Seller"?

You would be promoting Etsy, so I doubt this would be against the rules.

I don't know if it would necessarily bring more people into your booth, or increase your sales at a craft show. You may get sales afterwards online.
0 Likes

I have my etsy shop's URL on the banner I use at craft fairs and customers often comment "Oh you're on etsy. I love etsy" . I don't know if it helps bring people into my booth but it is a good conversation starter.
0 Likes

It is totally allowed by etsy. I actually have a sign that etsy sent to our local team that basically just has a spot for you to write in your shop name.
0 Likes

Etsy's trademark guidelines are here:
https://www.etsy.com/help/article/481?ref=hc_policy

it spells out how you can use their mark with their permission (and what you cannot do).
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I put my shops url on my business cards, I didn't even think about it maybe being against the "rules"! It is to help bring in sales so I would think its ok!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I don't advertize myself as an "Etsy seller' simply because I'm not selling 'Etsy'.

I'm marketing my own brand and put my shop URL on my business card.

If you saw someone with a sign that said 'Zibbet seller' or 'Artfire seller' would that entice you to look at their booth?

If I didn't know what those sites were, i would tend to ask 'what's a Zibbet'?

0 Likes
PJCRAFTSWORLD
Registered Buyer

I don't even mention I'm an Etsy seller at shows simply because of the way Etsy will recomnend other sellers when someone buys from me.
0 Likes
AskLoveday
Inspiration Seeker

If buyers ask if I am online, I do tell them that I have an etsy shop and the url on my business cards will bring them there.

0 Likes

I'm planning on having an etsy coupon code that is exclusive to the show I'm attending. I think I'm going to staple it to my business cards to hand out to everyone...even those that don't purchase from me at the fair! I'm hoping it will bring people to my etsy shop and remind them who I was among the masses at the fair because it's different than most people just handing out cards.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I mention my shop if someone asks if i'm online but my shop address on my business card is www.kilngoddess.com and currently directs to etsy but it could easily redirect somewhere else if i start a storefront elsewhere. I am kinda thinking of opening a storefront on the square market.

I see no reason to mention etsy at a show unless i meet another seller selling on etsy.

Funny story...i was at a show and saw some mosaic work i had see before, at the end of the show i walked up and asked 'are you on etsy?' She turned and said 'yes...how did you know?' I said me too and i recognize you work. She professed never in a million years did she think she'd be recognized from etsy.
0 Likes

I do not have any signs in my booth saying I sell on etsy. It is printed on my business cards below my own website url.

I actually tell people to contact me if they would like to purchase something from me. I view it that why should they buy through etsy if our first contact was in person and not via etsy. Etsy only deserves the sales commission if they in fact brought the customer to me.
0 Likes

Thanks for your advice everyone! I'm so grateful to have this forum to get so many different opinions and views on topics I am unsure about! Thanks again!
0 Likes

I have my Etsy web addresses as part of my Booth Sign and also listed on my business cards. I think it will make me look a bit more professional. Also, informing customers about my online store could be the start of regulars/loyal customers--since they know they can buy from me year round outside of the craft show days. I think including your Etsy shop web address can only help!
0 Likes

@Megan, I like that idea!

I've tried online coupon codes (Black Friday, etc.) but they've not been successful for me. But maybe it would work to entice shoppers who have already seen my things in person!
0 Likes
LizArti
Inspiration Seeker

Etsy is my only "website" so I have the address on my card. Otherwise I don't have a sign. If people ask if I have a website I say "I have an Etsy shop, but there isn't much in it". I'd really rather people buy right then and there.

I know I should beef up my Etsy shop, but it just seems futile when I sell ~20x more at crafts shows.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.