Former_Member
I sketched this up for a friend long ago and shared it on sewforum and craftster. Little did I know that it would find it's way onto tons of sites, pinterest, blogs and all without any credits given! shame on me for not marking it with my information before sharing.

Anyway, it is a diagram of constructing booth walls from pvc piping to hang curtains on. I designed it for indoor shows when you want to separate your booth from the back of other booths, give you a nice neat look, and it's easy to set up, break down and transport.

Just some tips: I used 1" pvc, but I would recommend 1.5" so it is a bit sturdier. I hung my curtains on the top rods before I constructed it through the casings, but you can use shower hooks and buttonholes if you want to hang them after the booth is set up. Or you can use drapery rings with those little hooks or clips on them. I just like the way my drapes hang with casings. you can change the booth depth by shortening the top and bottom pvc pipes, or leave the front section off for a 5'depth. The back width of the booth can be changed in the same manner. Any questions? feel free to ask. I don't always get into the forums here, so feel free to contact me through my shop.

Here's the diagram, now with my credits on it. Feel free to share with fellow crafters!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/18784537@N04/9754317714/

I'll try and find a photo of the booth with the curtains on it for you.
ClaybyStacia
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Sharing my craft booth pvc design

I have a thick fabric called Butter Suede. It's kind of velvety, but not real velvet. It's thick and kind of heavy, because I didn't want it to be see-through. I have 1 inch pvc, I think, and it holds it up just fine. The fabric is about 60 inches wide, so I can use one panel to cover half of a wall section, or I can use several panels for a scrunchie look.

Here is my booth:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=730171450332459&set=pb.499215690094704.-2207520000.138491728...
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
LizArti
Inspiration Seeker

DeAnna - Thanks so much for sharing your plans for this great idea!

I'm thinking of adding a 3' extension to the top front support, to clip lights to. Has anyone tried this? I'm worried about it falling over and clunking someone on the head, but I don't have light stands. I thought if I make that section extra tight maybe it'll be safe?

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Also, what's the consensus on pipe width? The one I'm making for Wednesday's show is 7 x 13' (I'm thinking 6' tall) and I'm considering 1.25 or 1.5".
0 Likes

Is this stable on the bottom? And how would I make it stable if I didn't want to use the sides but just the back?
0 Likes
LizArti
Inspiration Seeker

I was going to add small pieces (maybe 6 or 8") to the bottoms to stabilize it. I was thinking of adding sandbags around the bottom, too.

I looked at some 1.5" pipe I have hanging around the house and that seems WAY too thick. What have other people used for this so it's sturdy, but not too heavy?
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.