Sales Pitch Line?

Just looking for a few suggestions on how and what to say to get that "I'm going to think about it" sale. I do vendor events and get some good foot traffic. People stop by and love and admire my creations. I believe my prices are very competitive, so don't believe it is that. My friend has suggested I offer a discount to convince them to purchase by saying, how about I take $? off. I just need a few good come backs to the "I'm going to think about it" line. I am not the "in your face" type of salesperson, but I really want to make more sales! Help

Thank youl

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies
DragoninKnots
Conversation Maker

Re: Sales Pitch Line?

Try giving them your card, so they remember to come back to your booth. I think people get distracted in the larger fairs.

I don't usually offer a discount, unless it's the last ten minutes or so.

0 Likes

I agree with giving them a card and a smile. I never offer a discount to get a sale. My prices are set, and if I offer a discount to one person, another person might come along before that sale is over and they might expect the same discount.

0 Likes
BeachFleaMarket
Conversation Maker

The discount convo reminds me of a situation at our large flea market. I expect discounts at a flea market if I am buying multiple items, not at a craft fair. 

With that said, I was buying from one of my favorite vendors. They know I am a dealer and give me a discount when they can. They had an item that was very popular and several of us were buying them at the same time. The vendor gave me a knowing look and charged me the same as the others for the popular items and gave me a huge discount on the other items I was buying. You are right that if the others had overheard her giving me a discount on what they were also buying, they would want the discount too. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.