Pricing Jewelry at Craft Fair

I'm going to be doing my first craft fairs this season and I'm really stuck when it comes to pricing. As a buyer, I always like to easily see the prices of items I'm looking at. However, as a seller, I think my display looks a bit messy with all the price tags on each piece of jewelry.
Anyone have any suggestions how to handle this and anyone had any experience with this issue?
Thanks!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
10 Replies

Re: Pricing Jewelry at Craft Fair

I've tried hiding price tags on the back of the earring cards because, like you, I didn't like the sloppy look of the price tags, but I found that customers didn't like picking up the earrings to see the price. I think they felt I might try to pressure them onto buying before they knew the price. Now I display the price of each piece on the front. This seems to work better but I still think it looks sloppy (I have the worst hand writing).
0 Likes

yes, I see what you mean. Do you use stickers that peel off easily? The stickers I have don't come off very well and I know if people are purchasing for a gift, it's irritating to have the remnants of a sticky label on the earring card.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

one thing i do is if there the same prices i will make one sign & put it in a nice frame with the items
0 Likes

that's a good idea too moonlit, and I have a few spares frames :)
0 Likes

I price each piece. When someone make a purchase, I take the earring card off the jewelry and put it in a jewelry box.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I use the short barbell tags for neckalces and bracelets so that the string price tags don't get tangled. For earrings, I also take them off the cards and put them on a flat branded card like a business card without my info.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Some good ideas here. I'm always pressed to figure out how to price things without taking away from the item you're trying to sell. Does that make sense?! lol
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

We set up all of our items in price groups. Earrings are separated into 5 price points, each with its own rack, scarves have 2 racks, 1 for each price, hats are stacked by price, bracelets each have a rack by price (6 in total), etc. The only things that are individually priced are necklaces because they vary to much to group as of yet. Baskets make great dividers for smaller things, each basket being a different price point, and they add height and visual interest to your table.
0 Likes

Hey Jacarana! :)

I group items that are priced the same on trays or stands, and place on price tag on that stand/tray. Similar to Skiley.
0 Likes

I like that idea. Makes sense and probably looks much tidier!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.