Photo size when applying to craft shows

I have started applying to local crafts shows this fall and winter so I can branch outside of Etsy and hopefully sell more of my jewelry. All of the shows ask for a product photo and/or booth setup, but none have indicated the size of the photo. For jewelry and similar size items, what photo size do you typically include in the application?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
19 Replies
JustMeToo
Community Maker

Re: Photo size when applying to craft shows

I have always used my regular 4 x 6 photos! Just try to make sure they are as good as you can make them! Good luck!
0 Likes

Thanks so much for the quick response, Carol! I'm glad to hear that I don't need to order large prints!
0 Likes
JustMeToo
Community Maker

Every show might have different requirements but I've been doing shows for more than 40 years, and never needed anything special - just great
photos!! Take them close, if you can, to show you're not afraid of the organizers seeing your work up close :)
0 Likes

Will do - thanks very much!!
0 Likes
LizArti
Inspiration Seeker

I print the pics requested on high quality white paper using a color laser printer. I can fit a few close ups and the booth shot that is usually requested on one page. I keep it very simple.
0 Likes
LizArti
Inspiration Seeker

0 Likes

Niiice! Thanks so much for sharing your pics, Liz! This is veyr helpful!
0 Likes

I do what Liz does--I have a collage of my product photos and one booth photo that I send out on one piece of paper (laser printed at the local Kinko's/FedEx office). Unless you are doing an art show with very specific requirements for judging they usually just want to see what you are making, how it fits into their overall look and theme, and how professional of a set up you have.
0 Likes

If they are asking you to mail photos (rather than email images) I would send 4" x 6" photos. Some shows want 3 pics of products and 1 of your booth, some want 3 products, no booth, some 5 product, 2 different shots of your both, etc. And if you have individual pics it's easier to give each what they want. Be sure to label the back of each photo with your name, company name and email.

Also, you are applying to the organizers of local shows, in some cases they may use photos a visual aid to help them assign booth spaces
0 Likes

Thanks so much for all this great feedback - I really appreciate it!
0 Likes

I would send individual photos too, rather than printing a bunch of pics on one sheet of paper (for the same reasons that Allison & Sheryl mentioned). Although if the application said it was ok to print photos on a sheet of paper (and I didn't have the photos printed out already) I'd certainly do it ... and that's because I use HP's "Instant Ink" program and I pay by the page. It doesn't matter how much ink is on a page or whether it's b&w or color OR how big the page is! I get 100 pages per month for $4.99.
0 Likes

I also do the one sheet of paper that has a collage of photos. But I make sure they're large enough to actually see the product.
I have had shows that requested 4x6 but if they don't request a certain size then they get the one sheeter.
0 Likes

Thanks, Tana and Dawn! I agree with you both about including the collage and individual photos - can't hurt!
0 Likes

I send photos to walgreen's and pick up prints a few hrs later. Generally 4x6's and 1 collage ..I pick the best of the prints and mail them off. What I have found is sometimes the prints are not as good as I thought they would be so I cull them just like I would any photo shoot and for a few cents having professionally processed photos makes me feel more professional.
0 Likes

Thank you for the advice, Margaret! That's a good point - I'll definitely try that.
0 Likes

This information is very helpful. Thanks!
0 Likes

I send 4 by 6 on glossy photo paper or give them what they ask for. I love the collage idea above.
0 Likes

Your bracelets are beautiful with the natural stones.
0 Likes

Thanks very much, Holly!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.