AbbyTealDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Packing jewelry as gifts.

Do any of you who sell jewelry or maybe a similar item find that the shoppers can only see your items as something they will wear themselves and not give as gifts? I have found that the majority of people who buy from me are buying it for themselves and not as a gift. This sometimes ends up in me missing a sale because they'll say "oh I've bought myself enough jewelry". Do any of you specifically maybe have a "gift display" on hand to show you can actually give these pieces away? I've been thinking of putting one of the bracelets in a gift bag and hanging it from my little display Christmas tree.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: Packing jewelry as gifts.

I have a little sign that says "free gift wrapping available" with a sample package in front of it, and I tend to point out to people that my jewelry makes good gifts. Most of my jewelry, however, is in the less than $20 price range.

Personally, I don't spend more than $30 on anyone's gifts except my kids' and I would never spend that much on jewelry for my daughter. I would be more likely to spend it on a gift card and let her spend it on jewelry if that's what she really wanted. She tends to remember the value of things when she has to spend the actual $ amount on the item, rather than getting it as just another present for Christmas or her birthday.

The people that do spend more money on my jewelry for gifts are husbands who forgot a birthday or Valentine's day, or my dad whose wife is addicted to jewelry and favorites all my new stuff so he can know what to get.
0 Likes

I put all my jewelry in small organza bags anyway, so when people ask about gift bags I hold up the organza bag and tell them it comes with that bag, and they're happy.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Abby, yes that happens to me too. I think it would be a great idea to somehow show that items can also be bought as gifts. I too will have to think of how to do that. I do put my items in nice boxes, but I should probably have a sign or something about gift purchases.
0 Likes

You could display a few of your bracelets in the gift boxes with the lid up. I've found that most of my customers buy my jewelry for themselves so Christmas isn't a big selling season for me. Artisan jewelry tends to be very unique and more personal so shoppers are concerned that loved ones won't like the item and won't be able to return it. Besides, who can compete with the slashed prices at the malls?
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.