Outdoor Show Display wall

Hi everybody
I am getting ready for my first Art on the square in July
I am wondering what you guys use in your booth/tents as a wall
Is it better to have 3 "wall" or leave open?
What kind of material do you use?
I will be displaying kids items, crochet and cloth soft toys
Looking forward for everybody's advise
Aline
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies

Re: Outdoor Show Display wall

I sell pottery, so my display would be different than for soft fabric things. I've seen grid walls with hangers or makeshift clothes lines to show off fabric items.

Putting up wall is a personal choice. If it is windy, maybe not or if the booth next to your is ugly or distracting, maybe yes. I just have the sides that came with my EZ up which aren't very attractive so I usually don't use them, but if a multi-day show, I do put them up at the end of the day to hide/protect the contents.
0 Likes

Your items are very cute. Good luck with your show :)
0 Likes

Thank you everybody
0 Likes

You have to be pretty careful about what you use for a wall - especially if you are on grass. If you're on concrete it would be easier to use just about everything BUT you will still want a way to anchor everything down.

I had my dad build me some pegboard panels that are about 6" tall and I can attach a rope through the top pegboard holes that I could tie onto my canopy frame. Now I have gridwalls so I plan to do about the same thing.

Before I had gridwalls I made my own from those wire cube shelves that you can buy. I just use tiny zipties to attach them together to make a wall and then bought a rebar to attach to one side and stuck that in the ground, the other side was attached to a canopy leg for support.

Indoor shows I don't really like to have a wall because I like to see what's going on around me. So I keep my gridwalls pretty open.
0 Likes

Great tip WhimsyBits thank you
0 Likes
RedThreadBows
Inspiration Seeker

I create a visual wall with some sheer curtains, because I hang my bows and it gives them a nice background to be seen against. Also, if the booths are not tight together, people will try to walk through the "wall" and with my stuff hanging I never liked that. I use sheer curtains that go down about 5' so they don't hit the ground but give an impression of a wall without it feeling closed in. On hot days they let air into the booth too, which helps in my southern climate.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I cant speak highly enough about the flourish wall system. If you plan on doing a lot of shows it is worth looking into.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.