Nervous!

I'm doing an urban arts festival this Saturday (my first juried show), and I'm nervous! I haven't done a show since last September, so I feel out of practice.

This show should be a really good fit for my jewelry (my target market, yay!), so I have high hopes. Up until now I have done shows that were okay, but they weren't as specific to my target market as this one is, so I'm excited, but I'm worried that it won't live up to my expectations.

Of course I didn't get to make everything that I wanted to make for this show, but that always happens. So many ideas, so little time! I'm at my day job right now wishing I wasn't, so I could be home making more jewelry. Oh, and I have new earring displays that I have concocted myself, so that is always something to worry about.

I have also been worrying about the heat, I normally try to avoid shows in July, but the weather is supposed to be mostly cloudy, without rain, and in the mid to high 80's. This is awesome because this time of year it can easily be 100 degrees. I'm crossing my fingers that the weather forecast is correct!

It's going to be a LONG day, I'm leaving at 8 AM and will get home at about 1 AM, so it better be worth it! Wish me luck!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
11 Replies

Re: Nervous!

LUCK! Sounds like all signs point to awesome.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Good Luck Amy!

If you're hitting your target market at this show, you should do very well.
0 Likes
weekendjewelry1
Conversation Maker

Amy, good luck. And if there's just one thing you can add to your supplies, make it a little battery-operated fan. Just in case. You'll feel better (and it might help the customers stick around too!)

Have a ball, make sales, and enjoy :-)
0 Likes
LizArti
Inspiration Seeker

Good Luck!

I love your jewelry - hope your sales are through the roof!
0 Likes

Good luck! You'll do awesome! :)
0 Likes

Thank you so much everyone!

Jen, I do have a battery operated fan, and you're right they do help. It's small so I can only feel it if I'm sitting right in front of it, but it's definitely better than nothing!

Thank you for the compliment Liz. :)
0 Likes

Amy, your jewelry is awesome! Wishing you lots of luck. :-)
0 Likes
FrenchHollow
Inspiration Seeker

You got into a juried show - so you are already a success! Your jewelry is fabulous and the weather is cooperating. Looks to me like you can't lose! Good luck - and, most importantly, HAVE FUN!
0 Likes

The show went really well. :) As far as money goes I made just over the minimum amount I wanted to make, so while it could have been better, I still met my goal, and I had fun. The weather was incredible with temps in the 80's (I was told that 2 years ago it was 105 degrees during the same show), and I learned a lot.

This was my first show selling men's jewelry. I sold some pieces to some guys and I got good info concerning styles that men like, and sizing. It seems there is a bigger difference in wrist sizes among men than there is among women. Some men bought bracelets that I had sized for women and they fit just fine (and were styles I didn't know men would wear), and some men had wrists too large for the bracelets I had sized for men, so quite a difference. I would like to do the show again next year, and make the men's bracelets bigger because it's easier to make them smaller at a show than it is to make them bigger, or ideally have multiple sizes of each bracelet. And I would like to make some of my women's bracelets, that are more unisex than I realized, in men's sizes.

It was a great experience. I wanted to break into men's jewelry and I did, I got to sell my edgier pieces which are what I enjoy making the most, I met a lot of interesting and cool people, and I of course loved all the compliments on my jewelry. Even though I didn't make as much money as I had hoped, it was still the most money I've made at a show so far, and I sold the most items of any show I've done.

So success! Thanks again for the support!
0 Likes
ModernMailleCo
Inspiration Seeker

I'm glad it went well for you Amy! I usually avoid shows in July/August also because of the heat. I just don't do sweltering very well. However, I have a show this Friday and Saturday and I'm hoping the temps will be tolerable.
0 Likes

Thanks Judy, and good luck this weekend! I hope the weather cooperates!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.