Looking for suggestions for November NJ & Eastern PA Shows

Does anyone have any suggestions for arts & crafts shows that are

- in November
- in NJ or eastern PA
- $200 and under
- juried / do not have franchised or manufactured items and
- pull in AT LEAST 5,000 potential buyers

Thanks!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
17 Replies

Re: Looking for suggestions for November NJ & Eastern PA Shows

Hello neighbor!

I'm pretty sure you've already looked into these websites, but just in case you haven't...

https://pa-vendors.com/
https://njvendors.com/

But looks like most fall shows are not posted yet.
0 Likes

Hi - Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post!

I know where to look for shows, I was looking for some personal feedback from those who may have attended worth while shows that meet the criteria I originally posted. I understand that everyone's experience is different - just trying to get an idea. Have you done some November keepers?
0 Likes

Bruce,

I just started Etsy last summer, and my first show was last December, or just a month ago, so I have no idea about November shows, sorry!
0 Likes

Hi there,

I'm in the Lansdale area and just started going to shows in the middle of last year, so I'm not completely seasoned but sure learned a lot!

Here are a few tips:
- I didn't do well for shows at faith based organizations/some schools/"community/township celebration days". Some had great traffic, but not many interested buyers.
- I'm now focusing on "Craft/Handmade shows" only - competing with direct sales vendors is tough
- Sometimes on pa-vendors they say how many people and vendors are expected-the more the better!
- Juried shows and shows with a small entrance fee for buyers are great-guarantees that people are there to shop.

For November specifically, I did well at the Holly and Ivy Craft Show in Allentown. It's an event that has been running a long time and was super well organized. Lots of traffic and interested buyers. The other vendors were amazing too, so definitely great quality.

A couple of other shows where I did well were:
-Newtown PA Craft Show (I think the next one is in May). Lots of traffic and sales!
-The Christmas Beach Ball in Pottstown
-Harry Truman Holiday Bazaar (it was at a school but to my surprise I had lots of sales!)
-Any Festivals through Renaissance Craftables: http://renaissancecraftables.com/shows/

Hope that helps and if you find any good shows in the area, let us know! Maybe we'll see each other around!
0 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post.

I agree, we learned early on (7 years ago) that exhibiting at shows in schools, faith base organizations, etc. do not work for us. For some, that is their bread and butter. We usually restrict our events to juried arts & crafts shows.

Our shows are pretty much chosen for the year - we are strictly looking for November shows. I will take a look at the events you mentioned to see if any of them are in November.

Thanks again!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

You might want to look into the Pennsylvania Christmas Craft Show (kind of mid-Pa but it is HUGE).

I've never done it as it's a bit pricey for me and 4 days long. Here's the link to the website for the 2016 show (it's over but should give you an idea of what goes on there.)

http://www.pachristmasshow.com/

You might also want to join this group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PACraftShows/

You can ask questions about shows there.
0 Likes

Thanks Deb for taking the time to respond to my post!

Mid PA is a bit too far for us and would require added cost due to lodging. A four day show would not work at this time since I still work full time. I will keep this show in mind for post retirement.

Thanks for the Facebook link - I will check it out.
0 Likes

Have you ever done a Clover Market? I am considering that one. Also Doylestown Art Fest and Tyler Art Show. I don't have first hand knowledge of these shows, just have heard good things about them!
0 Likes

Hi Megan -

None of the shows you mention are held in November.

Clover Market - I've looked at this show many times; however, their dates do not work for us.

Doylestown - No overnight security and conflicts with a "keeper" show we do every year.

Tyler Park - We went to check this show out and it does not look like the crowds justify a $250 registration fee.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post.

Penny
0 Likes

Hi Bruce,
I'm in NEPA area. You can check out Hamburg Holiday Craft Show and Leesport Christmas Craft Fair. I've never done either of them, but heard good things about them. Also Easton's Baconfest is in November. I might try that one this year.

If you're looking for other good events in NEPA throughout the year, let me know.
0 Likes

Thanks for the info...especially Doylestown! I have considered that one, but I was wondering what they do to keep your booth safe.
0 Likes

Hi Crystal,

Thanks for responding to my post.

Hamburg Holiday Craft Show - we do not have any luck in schools.
Leesport Christmas Fair - something to consider if we do not go away that weekend.
Easton's Baconfest - Definitely a show we will look into - already printed out the rules and maps. We will watch for the 2017 registration form.
Thanks for this tip!

Penny
0 Likes

Hi Megan,

When I emailed a Doylestown show representative I was told there is one area where booths can stay up overnight; however, there is no security. Since we have a "keeper" show that weekend anyway, we never pursued it. Not sure if the area they allow artists/crafters to keep their booths up overnight is an area with much foot traffic. If we were going to exhibit at this show, I think I would go one year as a visitor and check out the area they are referring to.

Penny
0 Likes

Penny,

If you're looking for any events in September, I highly recommend the Taste of Hamburg-er. I did it for the first time last year and did very well. They draw in about 40,000-50,000 people, and they spend money.
0 Likes

Hi Crystal,

Thanks again for the tip. We have a "keeper" show we exhibit at every year on that weekend. If something doesn't work out for that show, we will keep the Taste of Hamburg-er in mind.

Thanks again,
Penny
0 Likes
EdwardsFarm
Inspiration Seeker

Hi Penny and Bruce
I do Granny's Attic in Lincroft NJ the weekend before Thanksgiving. It's an established show and by far the BEST school show that I have ever done. Good crowds that come to spend $$. That's the only Nov/Dec show that I do because then we open our Christmas tree farm for sales and I get to sell out of my barn. After selling at shows the rest of the year, it's great to sell out of my barn and not have to take down a tent every night.
0 Likes

Hi Anne! Thanks for the tip - I will look into it. See you at Apple Fest!

Penny
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.