Just me?

Is it just me or have all of the most recent threads disappeared.  No matter how I sort, I get stuff from 2013 and 2014 with the exception of the notice about the updates in the community area.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
19 Replies
BlueTurtleCrafts
Conversation Maker

Re: Just me?

Not just you! 

I think they messed something up in the change. It’s impossible to find anything!

i think I read they’re aware and maybe working on it but who knows. 

hopefully someone will come along who can find at least the really long one and bring it back to the top. 

It’s  almost like the deleted or hid all of the recent ones instead on deleting/hiding all the old ones like they said. I hope it gets fixed. 

0 Likes

No not just you. I was honestly a bit panicked when I couldn’t find this team!

0 Likes

Hello!  You are not alone!  Didn't think I'd even find my old teams in this mess.

3 Likes
SnowmanCollector
Inspiration Seeker

What a mess!

2 Likes

I don't even know how to find my teams!!

0 Likes

I haven't checked on this lately, but try clicking the YOU icon in your shop; there may be a link to your teams there! 

0 Likes
TigersandDragons
Conversation Maker

I think the threads are here, it's just that Etsy did something strange, so that the threads are sorting wrong, with older threads on the front of the teams page.

Unfortunately any thread that you just "Marked" instead of posting in, that reference is "lost" here on Etsy.  Even if you saved the links in your computer favourites, the links wouldn't work, you would just go to the Community forums area. 

But you can find some of the other threads you posted in, just by going to your Profile here in the forums, there is a list of not all, but 100 pages of all your posts. Just click "View All"  I wish it was instead a 100 pages of threads, there's some older stuff that I will never be able to find, nothing before 2015.  

Otherwise if there are threads you want to find, you'll have to use the search function to find them.  I did this in a couple of my other teams, then posted on those threads to drive them back to the top.

The one thing I like about the new forums is the lack of promos, because in the old forums whenever I'd do a search for a topic I'd get a million promo threads, and there was no way to screen them out. 

0 Likes
TigersandDragons
Conversation Maker

Ok, I take that back because I just looked through some of my thread history and there seems to be some threads that are completely missing.

There was an ongoing Thread that I started years ago and KNOW that I posted in 2018, I can't find it when I search my threads.

Can't remember the exact title but it was something like SHOW TALK Both Good and Bad, or something to that effect.  It was a place where our members could discuss how their shows were going, without having to start new threads.  It was a private thread, but that shouldn't be the issue.

Well I can't find it, is anyone else able to find it in their post history?

Pretty sure that Etsy was deleting all closed topics, but this was an ongoing thread, plus theads are rarely closed in this team.  

0 Likes
BlueTurtleCrafts
Conversation Maker

That's the 'long thread' I was talking about above :)  I've posted in that thread a ton of times and can't find it anywhere in my list - and I LOOKED, A LOT!

They've messed something up BAD 'cause I can't find a thing anywhere.

I guess we'll just have to start some new threads to push down all the ooooooold stuff on the front of the team page :)

I like this team - I don't want it to fade away because of Etsy's shananagans!

0 Likes
TigersandDragons
Conversation Maker

Let's both post about missing threads for this team in the Bugs section of the Forums.  Maybe someone at Etsy Admin will actually pay attention

2 Likes
TigersandDragons
Conversation Maker

Here's where I've posted in Bugs.  If any other members can think of threads that are missing from this team, please post about it in the Bugs thread.

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Bugs-and-Technical-Issues/TEAM-THREADS-MISSING/m-p/125147175#M460242

0 Likes
BlueTurtleCrafts
Conversation Maker

Sorry - I was on my lunch break when I wrote that and havent come back for a while :)

I responded and bumped your thread in Bugs.  I'll come back to it and bump it sometimes until they (hopefully) answer.

0 Likes

I am so happy that I finally found this team!  I kept looking and only saw the old posts and thought it was gone for good :(  I don't always post but have gotten so much info and feel I am missing some family members.  I hope Etsy is happy with the mess they seem to have made.

0 Likes

I am so lost and it's frustrating, I cannot find anything lol. 

1 Like

Same ... but I'm not LOL-ing about this hot mess. I rarely look at the forums & teams since the relaunch / redesign. :-(

1 Like

yeah the entire thing makes me not want to be  here. It is not user friendly. And I get it about making some things more streamlined, but they made it awful. I don't know who was the focus group for this debacle, but I sure wasn't on it.

then again, they DID do a focus group, right? (wondering....)

1 Like

I can't believe this mess!  If they wanted to get rid of teams they just should have said so.  I didn't realize this had happened until a couple of weeks ago.  I gave up looking for my teams then, and can't figure out how to find the most recent posts.  Crazy.

0 Likes
TigersandDragons
Conversation Maker

From what I can gather in talking to a couple of Captains from another team, the issue is private and public threads (which are no longer an option) and now the NEW private and public teams. 

Some Captains took their team's private threads and stored them: "Outstanding is the many topics from our team that were uploaded to our leader team, so no risk that somone outside of the team has access to the posts, but they arent available to this group until we get them moved back over."

In another Team, The captain and one Leader decided to delete a lot of past threads before the change. They didn't keep anything older than 2 years, and there were some older threads that were still relevant, and had recent comments that got deleted in that "purge", which upset me personally.

So if team is Private, then all their threads can only be private, there is no mixing, no choice like there was before.

This is a Public Team,  so it's unknown if THE CAPTAIN here took some past threads (private especially) and stored these and if these threads will come back or if they deleted them, or if Etsy Admin. did something to them.

The Captain of this Team - Full of Craft has not posted here to my knowledge since 2015, when multiple members asked repeatedly if we could have a FAQ thread to cut down on the amount of repetetive questions.   She does get spam reports when spam threads are reported, and deletes these, but other than that it's unknown how much she reads in Team threads or if she was involved with any thread "restructuring" (as mentioned in my two examples above)

@Fullofcraft  could you please update us on what you know about missing threads here in the Team, any actions you may have taken, or info. Etsy has provided you as a Captain? Thank you

0 Likes
Fullofcraft
Inspiration Seeker

Please see the new Team announcement...

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.