I'm so glad I hit Send!

I became aware of a new arts loft/craft fair/funky retail & events space in a nearby city a few months ago. So, I went down to check out their monthly themed craft fair and it was fabulous!
The first thing I did when I got home was send in my application for the upcoming Home & Garden themed fair. So excited!
Then, yesterday I get an email - Sorry, you didn't make the cut, but thank you.

oh.

I do have a lot of jewelry, but I also have many garden & home items. Maybe that was it, not enough non-jewelry - but I decided to ask, so I wrote a short, nicely worded email asking why.
My finger went back & forth between send & cancel - I didn't want to come across as sour grapes - gulp - I hit send.
Later that afternoon, an email came from the event organizer - they had gotten me confused with another vendor and I was in!
So, that's why I'm so glad I hit send. :-)

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies
JustMeToo
Community Maker

Re: I'm so glad I hit Send!

That's wonderful! Good for you! I wish you every success at the show!
I wanted a particular spot at a show this spring, so I contacted the lady REALLY early, before anyone else, I'm sure. I got the spot I want!
I don't think she was even thinking about the show yet, when she received my email! I'm glad I hit "send" as well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!
0 Likes

Thank you Carol! Congrats on getting a choice spot, and I hope you have fantastic sales. :-)

Anybody else happy they hit send?
0 Likes

That's so awesome! We all need to have that moxie in our line of work. You're going to kill it at that market.
0 Likes

Congratulations! I hope you have a successful show! I'm doing a new show this weekend, too. It's a Funky Junque Market, but Scentsy and other brands will be there, so I thought why not. I'm a little nervous, but hopefully it will go well : )
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Patty, I see you are in Spring, I'm in San Antonio.. I've thought about doing the Funky Junque Market, would you let us know how it went? I'm always looking for new shows to do, indoors tho... at my age I have aged out of doing outdoor ones... :)
0 Likes

small world. My nieces & nephew went to Magnolia High school!

I would do more shows, away from DFW if I had a place to stay (my brother's house is usually quite booked even if I had the extra drive time in my schedule).

but would love to know how the show goes!
0 Likes

Jean, congrats and good luck!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.