Former_Member
Not applicable

How do you package items like blankets

Hi all,

I thought this group may have ideas about how to ship items like baby blankets.. Anything special?

I have two shops. One is for crochet items and patterns, the other is jewelry.

When I send jewelry, I put it in a little jewelry bag, like a tiny ziplock, with a business card and a special tea bag (individually wrapped).

I am starting to list blankets and I don't want to just pop them in a box...any ideas?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
8 Replies

Re: How do you package items like blankets

fold it really nice and tie it with a ribbon. Probably would want to put it in a ziplock bag of some sort. and then stick it into a large poly mailer.
1 Like

I just used a flat rate padded envelope for the first time. Depending on the size you might be able to use this. Etsy pricing was $5.70.
1 Like
TigersandDragons
Conversation Maker

You could wrap the blanket in a big sheet of tissue paper and tie with a ribbon.
1 Like

please place in a plastic bag how ever you ship so if the package gets wet your lovely blanket does not.
1 Like
TextileTrolley
Inspiration Seeker

I sell baby blankets, I fold them, put a paper band around them with all the info needed, every item of mine gets wrapped in tissue, sealed with my sticker, put in a plastic bag and then in a bubble mailer.
Check out the last pic here
https://www.etsy.com/listing/208600075/organic-baby-blanket-girl-blanket-garden?ref=shop_home_active...
1 Like

Uline has big plastic bags in all sorts of weights and sizes. When I sold pillows I'd tie the top with a little yarn pompom and my card attached before placing it in the mailer.
1 Like

I think I would do the tissue and ribbon if it were me. Place it in a box and send it that way. Large clear poly bag is a good idea too...but with a ribbon too or something like that.
1 Like
Former_Member
Not applicable

Ya' know, I didn't have these kinds of problems when I had a B&M store. Ugh. This shipping thing is for the birds, huh? All the problems we've been reading about the past few days here in the forums makes you want to scream. The post office is lousy, the post office is great, FedEx screwed up, USP dropped the ball. Whatever the complaint, it's enough to make you pull your hair out and wonder why you wanted a business that is 100% shipping. ((At least I do.))
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.