Help! Walls for indoor booth space?

Hi there,
I've got a craft fair next weekend that requires vendors supply their own "walls" for each booth space and I'm not sure what to use! Here's the kicker: my booth space is 20' x 5', so I need something that is lightweight, and can stand on its own in a straight line.... Help!! Any suggestions?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
11 Replies
JustMeToo
Community Maker

Re: Help! Walls for indoor booth space?

I can only suggest curtains on a pipe frame, if you need it lightweight. I use gridwall for my 15 foot booth, but it's heavy.
I hope you find a solution, and have a successful show!
0 Likes

I Think what carol suggested is you best bet. You only have so much space in a vehicle! You cant be expected to get 20 foot walls in your car :) and fit all your product.
0 Likes

Can you rent pipe & drape? That would be the easiest, though maybe not the cheapest.

Do the walls need to be solid, so shoppers can't see thru to the adjoining booths? Some shows request this and others don't care. Does it have to be the same type of wall for the entire 30 feet? Are they just springing this on you now, after you were accepted to the event (that's not cool, but it happens).
0 Likes

I would vote for renting, too.
I’ve used 3/4” diameter /2’ length PVC pipes & shower curtains to make 3-side 6’tall walls to my 10’ x 10’ booth, but it’s somewhat unstable, and it was difficult to setup & takedown by myself.

I don’t think it will hold 20’ length, even if you add vertical support here and there.

So I think renting “professional” grade pipe & drape would be a better idea.
Hope it helps, good luck!
0 Likes

I have used a photographers back drop at an indoor show, but not in that configuration
0 Likes

Maybe the organizers can offer suggestions?? You would think if they're requiring it they would have options that people could rent.

I'm not sure I would like being required to have walls though... I know some vendors like that so their stuff doesn't blend into the booths around them, but I like to be able to see through my stuff so I can look around at what's going on.
0 Likes

Thank you all for the suggestions! I found out about the configuration a few weeks ago, but being the procrastinator that I am, i waited until this past weekend to start thinking about it. Whoops! My booth will be at the end of an aisle and the two booths behind me will already have walls, so Im not too concerned about it being solid. I was thinking some sort of fabric, just worried about how I'm going to hang it so it doesn't fall down!
0 Likes

I would not try to deal with a complete 20 feet in one run. Break it down and do say 3 smaller runs. This will offer you more stability and be easier to handle on your own. Lots of creative and neat ways to do this so let your creative juices flow and think about what you have around the house that you could pull from.

I am not sure what you are packing in to travel (car, Truck or trailer) but here are a few things to consider and maybe get your mind rolling along.
Ladders, shelves, tables with risers or crates. Any or all of these could be placed across the back of your booth and made to look very presentable as long as you work this out ahead of time.

Let us know what you come up with or even better share some pictures.
0 Likes
TigersandDragons
Conversation Maker

galvanized Metal conduit pipe is more stable than pvc pipe, if you want to build your own "pipe and drape" . PVC is too flexible unless you buy thick pipe.

You could also consider contacting photography studios or stores and seeing if you can rent a photographer's backdrop. Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JWL4T6Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
0 Likes
TigersandDragons
Conversation Maker

Or there are ones where the bases are tripod, but if your booth is only 5 foot deep, you could find that you trip over those spread out feet.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075JQTMFQ/ref=dp_sp_detail?psc=1
0 Likes

Thank you all for your suggestions! Just a quick update: I figured out a fun fix and it worked out great! I took 8' 2x4s and cemented them inside galvanized metal buckets,wrapped them in cedar fencing planks and hung sheets of muslin between the posts with rope to create a backdrop. Materials added up to about $150, but I'll be able to use them again at both indoor and outdoor shows and they looked great!

Good luck to everyone this holiday market season!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.